chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Enjoy life after hockey John Scott!

john-scott.jpg

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Still think it's super ****** what happened last year. It led to his retirement.

he was doing fine earning a living as a 4th line grinder in the NHL - and than everyone made a big joke of him and as a result he couldn't earn a contract this year.

Without the NHL Fan Vote - odds are he's still be on an NHL contract this year and maybe for a few more seasons. Better for his livelihood.

I know it was a good story - but 2-3 years extra of an NHL salary would be better for his family than a good story. Hopefully he can make some money from it

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Still think it's super ****** what happened last year. It led to his retirement.

he was doing fine earning a living as a 4th line grinder in the NHL - and than everyone made a big joke of him and as a result he couldn't earn a contract this year.

Without the NHL Fan Vote - odds are he's still be on an NHL contract this year and maybe for a few more seasons. Better for his livelihood.

I know it was a good story - but 2-3 years extra of an NHL salary would be better for his family than a good story. Hopefully he can make some money from it

Did you miss the "people want to make a movie out of it"-part on page 2? :laugh: You'd think that will earn him a couple more bucks.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

No offense to Big John, but he really couldn't cut it anymore as an NHL player.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Did you miss the "people want to make a movie out of it"-part on page 2? :laugh: You'd think that will earn him a couple more bucks.

I saw that but I don't expect it to be a big holywood movie. More of a tv movie. Not sure that gets him more money than a few years of nhl salary might. Might not even be close

No offense to Big John, but he really couldn't cut it anymore as an NHL player.

Maybe. But as far as I know he was established as a regular player last year and not on the verge of retiring. This whole story is what likely accelerated his retirement which sucks

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
John Scott's highlight of his career was when American Hero Phil Kessel kicked his ass...

Anyways, Enjoy retirement.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
At least he retires as a star. He's a smart guy. He'll have a good life. Some part of me hopes he finds a place in an NHL organization, but the academic in me hopes he uses his engineering degree.

He was a much better hockey player than he is given credit for.

Seriously. He wasn't the worst player in the league at any point of his career, like people often suggest. He really wasn't a detriment. Now he wasn't a really useful guy either, but at least he didn't hurt his team.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
John Scott was a guy who did what he needed to do. A great guy and a great team mate. Have a happy post playing retirement All Star!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He was actually a decently skilled player when he managed to get in the play. Just couldn't skate worth a damn.

Best of luck in the next stage of his life.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was a nice story last year with the all star game. His type of player is really becoming obsolete in the NHL these days. It's amazing how the one dimensional goons have dropped out of the league in the last 5 years. Most are either in the AHL now or overseas or also retired themselves.

I enjoyed his goal on Holtby though. The one Caps player looks like he purposely ran into Holtby for allowing that goal to John Scott. :laugh:

Good luck to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad