John Scott Retires

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Lets vote him into the All star game!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be hilarious to vote a retired player into the ASG!!!!!!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Thread will be meme, but John Scott is a genuinely nice, smart, and funny guy who was a much smarter player than he'll ever be given credit for

Have a great post-playing life John

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
He was my favourite part of the ASG last year. Glad he got to do something like that before he retired.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Dany Heatley leaves the NHL and John Scott retires. Things aren't like they used to be.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
John is a real smart person on and off the ice and I respect how much he loves the game. I wish him luck.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Great for him. What an experience he had last year. :)

I never realized that he got paid to play hockey for 15 years.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Thanks for crushing Shawn Thorton's face and attacking Phil Kessel. It's not what Buffalo asked for but it's what Buffalo needed.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
I honestly really liked him, as a player, when he was on the Sharks. He wasn't anywhere near as bad as most people made him out to be. Obviously he's not Pavel Bure in the skating department nor was he going to challenge for a Rocket, but he banged bodies, helped push the puck around on the cycle, and his size helped him clog lanes in the d-zone. He was an average to good fourth liner, and he was a great personality to boot.

I hated how so many people made fun of him and hated on him, but it's looking like he's getting the last laugh in the end. I'm looking forward to seeing him on TV.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Last year's ASG was the most entertaining of any ASG I've ever watched and he definitely had a huge role in making it an overwhelming success. Good luck to him in the next stage of life.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
That snipe though

ActualGaseousBustard.gif

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
You know, people have joked and will continue to joke but this guy got to do what millions of people around the world only dream of doing. He made it and carved out a career in the NHL. I'm sure his family is damn proud of him and they should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad