News Article: John Scott Claims Phil Kessel Agreed to Fight

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
http://nesn.com/2013/09/john-scott-claims-phil-kessel-agreed-to-fight-says-he-didnt-target-toronto-star/

I found this hilarious that Scott is stirring up shenanigans claiming that Kessel agreed to fight Scott, not to mention the fact that Scott & Kessel each have their own side of the story. Kessel in an interview yesterday stated that Scott told him "I'm gona drop you" while Scott is saying that he asked Kessel to fight.

According to Scott, however, Kessel may not have been as innocent as many believe. When Kessel lined up next to him, Scott claims he said, “Phil I think we’re going to have to go here, just to let you know.” Despite his backpedaling and stick-swinging when Scott lunged for him, when challenged, Scott says Kessel responded, “Alright, let’s do it.”

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
30309.jpg

images

Scott is really enjoying his time here, he isn't used to having so much attention because he is never on the scoresheet unless his name is written in the penalty column. November 15th can't come soon enough.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I can see the sarcastic, "oh sure I'll fight you" response. But Scott is just a complete idiot.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Let me get all these John Scott quotes straight here. Phil agreed to the second fight of his career, against a 6'8 fighter, then proceeded to assault a defenseless John Scott with his stick, leaving multiple bruises.

That's actually hilarious.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Let me get all these John Scott quotes straight here. Phil agreed to the second fight of his career, against a 6'8 fighter, then proceeded to assault a defenseless John Scott with his stick, leaving multiple bruises.

That's actually hilarious.

Don't forget that he said he was going to fight anyone who was put onto the ice as well. Not the sharpest tool in toolbox

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
I know Kessel isn't a fan of Toronto media but he never struck me as someone with suicidal tendencies.

Ridiculous.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
There's a thread for this.

In the illustrious words of Ron Rolston "Everyone has a story. It just depends which one you want to roll with" Ok good point. I'll start by ignoring this one.

leafstilldeath*

Scotts a JOKE. That POS making up stories now. wow. Time to clean up the garbage from the league. Scott literally getting no brownie points from his fellow players. Losing respect, if any, from all the places.

:facepalm: Scot is a doouche bag

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
the sad part is, the main board will believe him

not that it matters though, since 95% of those posters are clueless

Who cares what internet posters think honestly. Look at all the player interviews. The majority of them said Kessel had no choice but to start whacking. Engaging in a fight with a monster is essentially risking your health and career.

Phelan

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Even if what he said is true, he never really gave Kessel an option, he just told him what he was going to do. Even if Kessel did say "Lets do this", it doesn't mean that he had any part in instigating or accepting the fight himself.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
umm, who's John Scott??

Does he play hockey?

I know who Phil Kessel is, but Scott, not ringing a bell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad