John Moore or Raphael Diaz?

tjs252

Feb 10, 2007
I think that Moore has to play when he's healthy, it sends the wrong message about losing your spot to injury. Especially a head injury.

I think Diaz and Moore and Klein give us a great problem to have and a ton of flexibility in the offseason with Stralman and Staal (though I hope it doesn't come to that).

It also lets us take a more cautious approach with guys who maybe get a bit banged up giving them an extra day or so. This depth is just terrific.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I like both a lot. I think Moore because its his natural potion but i love having Diaz as our back up. If AV goes with Diaz over Moore I don't think thats a bad move either. Its nice having enough depth to where every move doesnt have to suck.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I guess it's both now! Hopefully a nice opportunity to let our bottom six d men :sarcasm: find more ice time and get some qwerty before we hit the PO.

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
If Moore is better than Diaz at even strength, it's by a negligible amount compared to how much better Diaz is on the PP. As long as Diaz remains this team's best non-McDonagh PP D and is serviceable at even strength, he should stay in the lineup.

(thanks for immediately running him out of Vancouver for change on the dollar, Torts!)

Cake or Death

Klein has played 24 games for us. 0 penalty minutes. Positionally sound. Strong on his skates--not someone that you can run over easily. Does not panic or run around. He's still a stiff (to use Tortorella's phrase) player to play against. He pins a guy--the guy stays pinned. He doesn't force plays--he makes safe plays coming out of his end.

I know some people loved Del Zotto but the guy gave me the willies a lot in his own defensive end. I was watching him the other night--Buffalo against Nashville and he looks still the same. DZ paired with Moore was just a disaster waiting to happen on any given shift. Moore paired with Klein looks a whole hell of a lot different to me--like he actually now has a clue. Maybe DZ would benefited the same but he was the price that had to be paid and DZ was heading towards a $3 + mil arbitration eligible contract negotiation--something which he's not proved to be worth. Diaz and Klein look very good together as well.

Klein's been the best addition the Rangers have made this year. Solidified the entire defense corps. His contract and term are both very good. Personally I think we ripped Nashville off.

Really good post. I am a huge fan of the Klein trade, it just balanced out our D corp so well. I'm also enjoying the Diaz/Moore debate. You gotta love that we are discussing a positive depth issue, rather than a lack of depth issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad