John Moore or Raphael Diaz?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So Moore is getting closer to game health, we've seen a deent amount of Diaz now and people I've talked to are relatively impressed. He does, however complicate our blueline by forcing a guy to play on his off-side again. Which would you rather see in the playoffs?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
would let Falk go and sign Diaz as the 7th. Run the bench with 7 defensemen if necessary for certain games

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I would go with Diaz over Moore. I'm more confident in him defensively and his shot is better.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
The only advantage Moore has over Diaz is contextual: Moore gives us a LHD to play with Klein. Otherwise, I'd go with Diaz, and it's not even close.

Fongule

Aug 12, 2013
Durbanville, South Africa
Diaz has been great, wouldn't even mind if we traded Moore and signed Diaz for another 2 years and have him as our 6th d man until Mcilrath steps up next year, hopefully.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Diaz. Very pleasantly surprised at how good he's looked.

And I like Moore.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
diaz and i really don't think there's much of an argument for taking him out of the lineup right now.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Habs fan here. Glad you guys like Diaz.

He was a polarizing player on the Habs board. Canadiens fans are so obsessed with size and toughness that they couldn't see what Diaz brought to the game. Before Diaz had to carry Douglas Murray as his partner, he was on the ice for the least amount of Goals against per minutes played.

Sure he's on the smaller side and isn't the strongest on his feet, but his defensive game for a bottom pairing D is quite good and the fact that he can move the puck is a bonus. I was sad to see him go, especially to play Murray and Boullion over him.

Hope he gets an extended chance in New York. If you can overlook his "softness" Diaz is good 5-6 guy with excellent gap control, an active stick, good position, an above average first pass and untapped offensive in him (though I don't think he'll ever reach his offensive potential). Sometimes he lacks poise and gets pushed off the puck, but all bottom pairing guys have their deficiencies and I think Diaz's pros outweight his cons.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
This is just silly. Klein has been rock solid.

Me, I go with Moore without a doubt. I like Diaz for his offensive side, but he's way to timid on D and gets knocked off the puck easy.

Klein has been the worst Dman on the team by a wide margin.

I know people here want to like him because they moved MDZ for him, but he's a massive disappointment.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Habs fan here. Glad you guys like Diaz.

He was a polarizing player on the Habs board. Canadiens fans are so obsessed with size and toughness that they couldn't see what Diaz brought to the game. Before Diaz had to carry Douglas Murray as his partner, he was on the ice for the least amount of Goals against per minutes played.

Sure he's on the smaller side and isn't the strongest on his feet, but his defensive game for a bottom pairing D is quite good and the fact that he can move the puck is a bonus. I was sad to see him go, especially to play Murray and Boullion over him.

Hope he gets an extended chance in New York. If you can overlook his "softness" Diaz is good 5-6 guy with excellent gap control, an active stick, good position, an above average first pass and untapped offensive in him (though I don't think he'll ever reach his offensive potential). Sometimes he lacks poise and gets pushed off the puck, but all bottom pairing guys have their deficiencies and I think Diaz's pros outweight his cons.

The reason why he's fit well so far is because he brings something from the defense that we didn't have much of before; pivotal skating speed. He's not a super fast straight line skater, but he can shift on a dime which is very important when trying to keep the puck in at the blue line.

Too many NYR defensemen are static, Stralman, Girardi, Klein, and Staal are not amazing at pivotal speed. Because Diaz is short, he's shifty, and brings a bit of a new element to our corps.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Klein has been the worst Dman on the team by a wide margin.

I know people here want to like him because they moved MDZ for him, but he's a massive disappointment.

I think Klein has played his role very well. He isn't flashy and you wont notice him a alot, but he gets his job done.

As for Moore/Diaz, its a great problem to have. Diaz has been impressive so far and I think you have to stick with him. His righty shot on the PP is something AV has been looking for all year. If he does struggle its nice to have Moore as plan B.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I think this may be the end of Stralman being here. Diaz has shown a lot to me. Will be cheaper than Stralman too. Right now, go with Diaz. Moore will get a shot again.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Klein is a better defensemen than either J. Moore or Diaz. Moore was a train wreck before Klein got here.

Yep. Klein has been very, very good for us. Surprisingly steady on the back-end. He's really replaced Sauer. Sauer used to be that steady, 3rd pairing rock. Funnily enough, Klein could have really steadied MDZ's game I'd bet. Just like Sauer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad