Confirmed with Link: John McDonough Fired

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This came out of nowhere - I wonder if Wirtz is panicking because of the family gold mine of selling liquor to bars has evaporated

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
This came out of nowhere - I wonder if Wirtz is panicking because of the family gold mine of selling liquor to bars has evaporated
Yeah, I'm wondering how much this is a cost cutting move, and not related to McD's performance. No better way to trim the fat than to fire the highest paid guy.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This what happens next, Stan is promoted to a more business-oriented role and they hire a new gm (Scotty hires a new GM not Stan). This is good for the organization as they retain their scouts (Euro and amateur but fire their pro scouting team) and hire a new mind. JC? he gone.

Why would Stan and Co be okay with that when he can go find a new position in two seconds...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This what happens next, Stan is promoted to a more business-oriented role and they hire a new gm (Scotty hires a new GM not Stan). This is good for the organization as they retain their scouts (Euro and amateur but fire their pro scouting team) and hire a new mind. JC? he gone.
I don't think we're gonna find a GM better than him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I doubt it. It's not like the pandemic will keep bars closed forever. And whatever he's losing to bars, liquor store sales booming are likely making up for it, or at least keeping him even. I think this has more to do with him and Stan and Rocky, and not agreeing on the direction of the team. I mean... McDouche has been riding "One Goal" for faaaaaaaaaaaaar too long.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
giphy (15).gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Bowman is a roster management guy. I don't see him being promoted upwards out of hockey ops as making sense for him, especially when he'd be the top GM candidate on the market if we parted ways with him.

Being promoted to President doesn't mean he wouldn't be involved in hockey ops.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Rocky said a month ago that McCub, Bowman, and Colliton were all safe. Stan and JC's seats have gotten a hell of a lot warmer over the last hour.

Reactions: Minowaman

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Rocky said a month ago that McCub, Bowman, and Colliton were all safe. Stan and JC's seats have gotten a hell of a lot warmer over the last hour.

I really feel this is a Seabrook thing. It’s the biggest elephant in the room. I won’t be shocked to find out McDonough wanted him to keep playing a prominent role while everyone else realized he needed to be retired or at the least very limited.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I really feel this is a Seabrook thing. It’s the biggest elephant in the room. I won’t be shocked to find out McDonough wanted him to keep playing a prominent role while everyone else realized he needed to be retired or at the least very limited.

I'm thinking the opposite tbh in that McD wanted to force him out the door via LTIRetirement but Seabrook doesn't want to retire and Rocky fired him for it...

Reactions: KWP and Hawkaholic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad