Confirmed with Link: John McDonough Fired

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He's no Reggie, but I won't criticize Edzo until I feel he has f***ed up at his role. So if he becomes the president, I'll bite my tongue until I see something truly wrong with his performance.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Edzo is a clown
uh what?? how so?

for others who do not want ed to be president of hockey ops ----> im not sure all that goes into the president job but why would edzo be a bad hire?

are they going to split the job from a business and hockey standpoint now?

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Edzo is a bit removed from a bad coaching tenure, has no meaningfully relevant roster/cap management experience, and zero organizational leadership experience. I don't see any appeal whatsover for an extremely upper management position for him.

I'll be very worried if there's fire to this smoke...

Anyone. But. Eddie.

President/CEO Pat Foley time, baby.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs and KWP

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
President of Hockey Ops Ed Olczyk
GM - Ross Mahoney
Senior Vice President of Hockey Ops and Alternate Governer - Al MacIssac
Executive Vice President- Jay Blunk
Advisor to the GM-Marian Hossa
Cheif Financial Officer-??
Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Kelley

Coach - Gallant
Assistant Coach-Mike Kelley
Assistant Coach-Sheldon Brookbank

Burish???- Color
Joseph Zakrzewski- PBP

Bowman Fired
Foley Retired
JC Fired
Crawford Fired

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Out of curiosity, do we really think McD's replacement will make a significant change in the way the roster is constructed? I don't think it will to be honest. Stan will supered them in power in that regard I suspect.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
uh what?? how so?

for others who do not want ed to be president of hockey ops ----> im not sure all that goes into the president job but why would edzo be a bad hire?

are they going to split the job from a business and hockey standpoint now?
He was a head coach for a year. Does he have any experience working in a professional hockey teams front office?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Come on Rocky, it's Reggie time!

tenor.gif

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
He was a head coach for a year. Does he have any experience working in a professional hockey teams front office?
have you looked at other names around the league that are team presidents? he would be in charge of hockey ops not the business/marketing end. He would have say in coaching hires, gm hires, free agents, the direction and construction of the team, and draft needs. I dont know why you think a guy whos been around the league in many aspects/positions couldnt handle that job. its also a figurehead position and we know hes a great figurehead for the blackhawks.

i dont think it would be the end of the world. maybe danny wirtz stays on in some capacity in an operations way.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Zawaski says in that podcast that McDonough absolutely became more of a meddler in hockey ops in the last few years.

Says his sources told him:

1. The Hjalmarsson trade was supposed to include Hossa, McDonough blocked it

2. It was McDonough’s decision to call up Boqvist this year, sounds like he ordered it

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Zawaski says in that podcast that McDonough absolutely became more of a meddler in hockey ops in the last few years.

2. It was McDonough’s decision to call up Boqvist this year, sounds like he ordered it
So he wasn't all bad then.

Reactions: KWP

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

What about Seabrook? I want the answer to that one.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
have you looked at other names around the league that are team presidents? he would be in charge of hockey ops not the business/marketing end. He would have say in coaching hires, gm hires, free agents, the direction and construction of the team, and draft needs. I dont know why you think a guy whos been around the league in many aspects/positions couldnt handle that job. its also a figurehead position and we know hes a great figurehead for the blackhawks.

i dont think it would be the end of the world. maybe danny wirtz stays on in some capacity in an operations way.
If it’s a nothing figure head position, sure. If it’s a front office job that’s making decisions on the future of this team, hiring a guy with zero front office experience isn’t a great start.

Reactions: KWP

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1