Confirmed with Link: John Chayka Terminates Contract with Coyotes; Steve Sullivan named interim GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Exactly. Many on this board thought Chayka was the golden boy, best GM in the league etc. etc. Chayka is a wiz at analytics, which does play a big part in today's game, but he was lacking everything else. Chayka thinks he is smarter than anyone else and has that big ego, which is fine if you can back it up and right now he can't. This situation will probably make both parties smarter and stronger as they go forward. It is imperative that the ownership get this next hire right, there is no room for error.

Well, if that is the case, he sure had our owners fooled, the ownership of other teams fooled, and his decisions didn't impact those people looking at Chayka in their organization for the future.

I think that this was the case of someone who had a lot more to fix than most GMs. Top to bottom, everything needed to get better. The scouting department, the AHL team, the entire organization needed a change. I am not saying that everything was perfect, but I do believe that he made strides toward improving the organization as a whole. I don't know if he had the time to see it all the way through, based on getting this other offer, but in 2 years, I think we will realize everything that was done as some of the players come into their own and we have some cap room to continue to play with. May not be the best contract situation in the 20-21 season, but we are in better shape than people think in that regard.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Well, hoping for the best anyway. It sounds like you had an enviable career, you were able to live a snowbird lifestyle (which is a personal dream of mine I’m quite sure I won’t realize) and the way you mentioned your wife makes me suspect you’ve had a great partner through it all. It seems like you had a great run, and I hope you get to keep the good times going a while longer yet. :)

Especially the amazing Mrs. Moose, who I didn't meet until too late in life. Before the age of 30, she'd packed more into living than most people accomplish in an entire lifetime. I nagged her for a few years to write a book or screenplay, but it'll never happen.

Last edited:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I was thinking only of the media, internet etc. etc. not the health care end of it. Get better. Are you in Canada now or in the US?

I'm in Winnipeg.

I own property in the US (and Greece and the UK) and I'm a big fan of the Phoenix area (but not the Coyotes, boo, hiss) so I'll be cheering for the Jets all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad