Confirmed with Link: John Chayka named Arizona Coyotes GM

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
You could be right. I don't think many, if any, thought Chychrun would be available at #16. Does Chychrun have a nick name? I'm tired of spelling out his name, I always have to double check to see if I have it spelled right.:laugh:

Chick Magnet?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You could be right. I don't think many, if any, thought Chychrun would be available at #16. Does Chychrun have a nick name? I'm tired of spelling out his name, I always have to double check to see if I have it spelled right.:laugh:

I'm going to call him "The Lone Free Ranger."

Chicken-Run_poster_goldposter_com_7.jpg

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Saw somewhere that Carolina/Detroit were going to do the Pulkinen/Jurco deal had the Datsyuk deal with the Coyotes not become an option, so Holland had options.

Does Chychrun have a nick name? I'm tired of spelling out his name, I always have to double check to see if I have it spelled right.:laugh:

Haha, I was wondering the same. I find myself calling him "Cheech" as I'm always mispronouncing his name.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
My daughter had a free range chicken. It roamed the yard happy as can be, eating corn and whatever bugs and plants that it wanted. It was pampered almost as if it were a family pet.

It tasted surprised.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Saw somewhere that Carolina/Detroit were going to do the Pulkinen/Jurco deal had the Datsyuk deal with the Coyotes not become an option, so Holland had options.

Haha, I was wondering the same. I find myself calling him "Cheech" as I'm always mispronouncing his name.

He needs a nick name and I would be fine with Cheech, as long as I can stop using his real name.:)

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
What are the thoughts on him thus far?

Very positive IMO. Improved the team quite a bit by getting Goligoski, while also staying the course. From interviews he also sounds like he is trying hard to make some more moves too, which I like. Can't always make a trade but it's nice to be involved in discussions for high quality players.

His resignings have also been good so far. I love the Murphy deal, Stone's was the perfect deal to make. He also had a great draft, Keller looks great, and Chychrun/Dineen were steals.

Only thing I wish he would've/would do is add a RW who could play on the second line. Someone who would put up between 35-45 points. If he does that and resigns Rieder to a good deal the offseason will be what the realistic idea of perfect is for me.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Keller, Chychrun, DeAngelo, and Dineen is a much, much better draft haul than I anticipated.

Goligoski, McGinn, White and Schenn is a much better UFA haul than I anticipated.

Waiting to see how the Rieder situation plays out. Also, I think we have way, way too many holes on the forward roster that have been left open to gift to kids who may or may not be ready. We need some additional veteran support up front. Especially on the PK.

I'll wait until the Rieder situation plays out and we see what trade(s) get pulled off to address some of these roster holes.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
A name I'd like to see when it comes to hiring an AGM is Bruce Hamilton of the Kelowna Rockets.

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/sports/article_8e32c2f0-6d63-11e6-ada5-a37e53147c1c.html

It would appear he's staying in Kelowna for the upcoming season but if Chayka and Tip want to wait he would be an ideal candidate. Arizona currently does very well drafting out of the OHL - adding Hamilton would go a long way toward generating a similar level of success from out west.

And he did say if the right opportunity came along he would listen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad