Confirmed with Link: John Chayka named Arizona Coyotes GM

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Prematurely putting this in here cuz I got bored rendering a video at work.

WSOV6sI.jpg

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Not a single what would JC do joke yet? Jeez. (and I still think that we can fleece Detroit)

Last edited:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The interviews don't have a lot to go on, but very articulate.

Let's let the draft haul cool down a little bit. We are all happy to some degree with his first moves here when not too long ago, it was assumed that we would get a diminished value on some of the direction of the team. Keep an even keel, b/c prospects and players, like games, aren't won on paper. But what has transgressed on paper is heading in the proper direction.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
All we can say so far is that he is aggressive.

I thought we got hosed on the Letunov trade. I thought he had more value than a 3rd & 4th (but if he wouldn't sign, then at least he got something)

The Deangelo for 37th (Libor Hajek) is slanted in our favor as we picked up a former #1 and much closer to the Pros than anything we could have picked up at #37

I think he could have gotten a little more from Detroit, but all in all, it was a nice move to get Chychrun.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I think he could have gotten a little more from Detroit, but all in all, it was a nice move to get Chychrun.

To this I quote something from what I wrote in the actual trade thread.

So for those who didn't like this trade. I just watched an interview on Chakya with EJ Hradek and he says that Ken Holland was going to keep the draft pick. When Chychrun was still available Chakya had to pull the trigger and give a little more.

https://www.nhl.com/video/nhl-tonight-john-chayka/t-277774708/c-44290103

I couldn't find the youtube video but here is the NHL network video.

So Holland plays hard-ball with the clock running down, I'm sure he was just as happy to take Chychrun at 16 as we were. Detroit needs defense just as much as we do. Waiting until that very moment increased the value of that pick because they KNEW who we were after.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The interviews don't have a lot to go on, but very articulate.

Let's let the draft haul cool down a little bit. We are all happy to some degree with his first moves here when not too long ago, it was assumed that we would get a diminished value on some of the direction of the team. Keep an even keel, b/c prospects and players, like games, aren't won on paper. But what has transgressed on paper is heading in the proper direction.

Completely agree. Whatever a GM does will not please all, so be prepared for a move that we as posters think is bad.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
To this I quote something from what I wrote in the actual trade thread.

So Holland plays hard-ball with the clock running down, I'm sure he was just as happy to take Chychrun at 16 as we were. Detroit needs defense just as much as we do. Waiting until that very moment increased the value of that pick because they KNEW who we were after.

True, and GMJC said he was calling other teams to see if they could move up but they were holding their picks. He was willing to take Chychrun earlier but no other teams were willing to trade so he had to trow in a little extra to Detroit.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The reason we had to throw in the 53 is probably because Holland also REALLY wanted Chychrun. I doubt Ken Holland feels like he ripped us off. I'd bet he's pissed he had to trade Chychrun for Cholowski to get rid of Datsyuk. But maybe Detroit goes out and signs David Backes and Jason Demers now. If they do that, the streak continues.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The reason we had to throw in the 53 is probably because Holland also REALLY wanted Chychrun. I doubt Ken Holland feels like he ripped us off. I'd bet he's pissed he had to trade Chychrun for Cholowski to get rid of Datsyuk. But maybe Detroit goes out and signs David Backes and Jason Demers now. If they do that, the streak continues.

You could be right. I don't think many, if any, thought Chychrun would be available at #16. Does Chychrun have a nick name? I'm tired of spelling out his name, I always have to double check to see if I have it spelled right.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->