John Bartlett to call Leafs games [Romanuk's Replacement]

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I get the nails-on-a-chalkboard feeling when he gets really excited, but I think that's just me, and outside of that, he is really good.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
upload_2018-8-16_14-6-51.png

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Was the voice of the Habs in the most recent past I believe? Cannot say I am a fan, but I hate the Habs and anything to do with them, so... This is a major upgrade over 'the serpentine'.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Not even that. I think most die hards can tell who’s who on the ice, so it’s embarrassing to hear our play caller get it wrong.
Worst part is, he never even corrects himself like other broadcasters do when they're wrong. I've seen Romanuk call an entire shift confusing Rielly and Polak I think it was, and still called the wrong name even when Rielly scored.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
As long as he knows which player is which. I'm content with the hiring.

Doesn't bother me so much when the PBP guy gets the wrong name (seems almost inevitable to happen to everyone from time to time).

I'm more interested in if the guy elevates the viewing experience by adding something. Cole brings a sense of drama, Bowen brings a sense of fun. They are more than just competent at calling the play--they bring something unique.

I don't know anything about this new guy. Hope he's good!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I guess we get to see how skilled this guy is talking shit about the leafs. Can Toronto media ever hire any fans?

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Not bad.

I recall him doing a good job with the Marlies but understandably took the opportunity to call NHL games for TSN Habs. Now he's back "home".

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
oh no we are keeping millen aren't we? f*** I think id rather millen gone and keep Romanuk, millen is a monotone ignoramus who gets just as much wrong as Romanuk did

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Just in the OP's video his voice sounds about 173x more tolerable than Paul Romanuk. Also, I don't think it can get much worse. Happy to hear above that he's called Marlies games too. Welcome aboard

Reactions: OddyOh

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
oh no we are keeping millen aren't we? **** I think id rather millen gone and keep Romanuk, millen is a monotone ignoramus who gets just as much wrong as Romanuk did

Sports net should bring Mike Johnson back then their broadcast duo for us will be complete. Though the reasons for his departure in the first place, whatever they were, may make that impossible.

But really anyone but Millen would be great.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3