Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul

Tyler Biggs*

I really hope Lupul practices today! We really need him back! Feel better Lupes!

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If Lupul were to write a book, it would be called :My career of setbacks, frustrations and success:

Penalty Kill Icing*

There you go...
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 3m
Joffrey Lupul was the first #leafs player out for practice at Rexall Place. He's skating very gingerly on bruised foot.

Personally, I am not getting optimistic about tomorrow's game (or even Calgary one for that matter).

EDIT: Reason for optimism

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 3m
Joffrey Lupul is on the ice here in Edmonton taking part in practice.

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 1m
Leaf lines: jvr/kadri/kessel. Raymond/bolland/clarkson. Lupul/mcclement/ashton. Mclaren/smith/orr. Bodie and kulemin extras. #TMLtalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Liles is paired with Fraser.

Considering Gunnarson has played ~17 or less minutes in 4 of the last 5 games, I wouldn't be opposed/surprised to our defensive pairings being the following:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Franson
Liles - Fraser

This would be a solid top to bottom group IMO as long as Franson stops playing like **** in the defensive zone.

Edit: Would probably prefer the following though:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Gunnarson - Rielly
Fraser - Franson

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I don't think Lupul is playing tomorrow.
Foots still bugging him

Agreed... its a tricky area and bone bruises can sometimes linger:

"I can't really tell right now," Lupul said after Monday's practice. "This is the first time I've skated at all, done anything. And we're right off a long flight so it's not the ideal way to test it. We'll see again (Tuesday). I'd really like to play. Obviously, I hate missing time."

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Agreed... its a tricky area and bone bruises can sometimes linger:

"I can't really tell right now," Lupul said after Monday's practice. "This is the first time I've skated at all, done anything. And we're right off a long flight so it's not the ideal way to test it. We'll see again (Tuesday). I'd really like to play. Obviously, I hate missing time."

3 hours and 50 minutes is a long flight? :) Pro athletes are such babies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeh, tough job jetting to work in first class with the option of sleeping all the way. Tough indeed.

Everyone is different. I have a tough time on a flight of that length. My knees and ankles don't do well with the cabin pressure. Longer the flight, worse it is.

That's probably what Lupul is referring to.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I say Liles plays tonight with Ranger sitting out....

I can not for the Life of me see why they call him up to sit in the press box....I think he is being showcased to teams we are playing.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Everyone is different. I have a tough time on a flight of that length. My knees and ankles don't do well with the cabin pressure. Longer the flight, worse it is.

That's probably what Lupul is referring to.

Sorry, your answer is too reasonable. Let's go back to ripping on Lupul because he's rich and gets first class flights :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad