Joffery Lupul denies failing Physical. Says the Leafs "cheat, and everyone lets them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Lupul must be dumb as a brick if he thought that his comments would go unnoticed by Leaf fans. He would have had it nice and easy relaxing in California, and than possibly working for the Leafs in a different capacity post playing career like many a good soldier.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
This kind of thing is inevitable with a hard cap based on zero-sum thinking. Eventually, it will implode. If the league starts punishing those teams that are successful at generating revenue and could easily pay their players far more, it will only lead to the cap system imploding sooner.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Not a so smart move there Joffrey. Probably should've kept your lips shut.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
He should report it to the league then. Dont know what else to say.

He prefers the $10 million he has pocketed the past two years over the buyout he would have got otherwise.

Can you blame him?

I mean he would eventually get injured away even if he was playing. The Leafs are just saving him some pain.

:sarcasm:

The sarcasm emoji isn't necessary. We all know it is accurate. He would slip on Martin Marincin's banana peel on the first day of training camp and find himself out for the year.

The funny thing is, despite all the faux outrage that will inevitably follow this, the Leafs have never needed that cap space the last few years and don't need it this year.

Horton alone on LTIR will put us below the cap.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Imagine being dumb enough to believe that a player was healthy enough to play, wanted to play, but just accepted being told no without seeking immediate legal counsel from his union.

Good point. If any back channel deals (allegedly) happened, Lupul (allegedly) has been playing along for a few years now. 3.750/yr to not show up to work; not the worst fate.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Well this is going to turn into a **** show
Not great when we're gearing up for the new season

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Lupul must be dumb as a brick if he thought that his comments would go unnoticed by Leaf fans. He would have had it nice and easy relaxing in California, and than possibly working for the Leafs in a different capacity post playing career like many a good soldier.
well what if you get baited by an internet pleb? gotta stand up.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Well this is going to turn into a **** show
Not great when we're gearing up for the new season

****ing attention seeker. If he legit had a complaint he would of done it properly to the NHL and the investigation would mean he had to keep quiet, this is someone who hasnt been in the limelight for a while desperate for hits, likes retweets whatever he can get.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He prefers the $10 million he has pocketed the past two years over the buyout he would have got otherwise.

Can you blame him?

The sarcasm isn't necessary. It's true.

The funny thing is, despite all the faux outrage that will inevitably follow this, the Leafs have never needed that cap space the last few years and don't need it this year.

Horton alone on LTIR will put us below the cap.

Except Lupul is everything the new brass doesn't want in a player... how does Babs put it? Lives right?

Babs and Lou especially are throwback guys... heck Lou wants his players to be clean shaven still!

Lupul is a bachelor for life, lives on an ocean front property in the summers, and attends fashion shows. He picks fights with people on his social media platforms, gives away tickets when he loses his precious cell phone in a taxi cab, and won't admit to being in a committed relationship (when asked he awkwardly avoided the question and said he was gonna be in trouble).

Lou probably puked in his mouth a little bit when he met Lupul.

Do you really want your 20 year old bluechip prospects being invited to fashion shows, ocean front bachelor pads and parties?

I know I'm going to get attacked for my comments... but hockey is a brutal sport, you don't want a player who models in his free time, and attends fashion events, on your hockey team haha. I used to yell at the t.v watching him coast into corners, timing himself right to just miss out finishing a check... and watch him skate into a crease skirmish only to give a light crosscheck to the back of one of his buddies...before engaging in a little laugh with them.

So glad he's far away from this team.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
hmm another player coming out, so much for ethical practices by the Toronto Maple Leafs right. Is this another ungrateful player who hasn't lived up to expectations?

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Theoretically speaking, if Lupul was cleared, could they send him down to the Marlies?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
****ing attention seeker. If he legit had a complaint he would of done it properly to the NHL and the investigation would mean he had to keep quiet, this is someone who hasnt been in the limelight for a while desperate for hits, likes retweets whatever he can get.

He's an attention seeker because he's choosing to speak out on how an organization is treating him...?

Get over it. We live in a world where people are allowed to express their opinions. Just because someone is paying you money to go away doesn't mean you have to silent about the things they are doing to you

Ugh this board is addictive but so bad for my head at the same time.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Except Lupul is everything the new brass doesn't want in a player... how does Babs put it? Lives right?

Babs and Lou especially are throwback guys... heck Lou wants his players to be clean shaven still!

Lupul is a bachelor for life, lives on an ocean front property in the summers, and attends fashion shows. He picks fights with people on his social media platforms, gives away tickets when he loses his precious cell phone in a taxi cab, and won't admit to being in a committed relationship (when asked he awkwardly avoided the question and said he was gonna be in trouble).

Lou probably puked in his mouth a little bit when he met Lupul.

Do you really want your 20 year old bluechip prospects being invited to fashion shows, ocean front bachelor pads and parties?

I know I'm going to get attacked for my comments... but hockey is a brutal sport, you don't want a player who models in his free time, and attends fashion events, on your hockey team haha. I used to yell at the t.v watching him coast into corners, timing himself right to just miss out finishing a check... and watch him skate into a crease skirmish only to give a light crosscheck to the back of one of his buddies...before engaging in a little laugh with them.

So glad he's far away from this team.

So having a life outside of hockey means that a player is toxic for a team?

Jesus Christ, these guys are not robots. They are entitled to do things and go to places that they enjoy. Hockey isn't the be all and end all for these guys. They are human just like you and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia