Joffery Lupul denies failing Physical. Says the Leafs "cheat, and everyone lets them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
DJ9pR7OX0AAUymG

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
And absolutely nobody should be surprised by this.

Was clear as day he got forced into early retirement. Was genuinely surprised at how so many folks thought a pro sports team would never do such a thing

Last edited:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I didn't think Lupul was done in the NHL. He may not have been worth his contract anymore, but I think he could have still been an NHL player if healthy.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I really hope the press doesn't make a big fuss of this... Leafs may get severe punishment... forfieting 1st round pick type punishment...

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I didn't think Lupul was done in the NHL. He may not have been worth his contract anymore, but I think he could have still been an NHL player if healthy.

I doubt it. Guys that are a defensive liability and can't produce offensively anymore generally don't really stick in the league.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Imagine being dumb enough to believe that a player was healthy enough to play, wanted to play, but just accepted being told no without seeking immediate legal counsel from his union.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
This is gonna be an interesting next few weeks

Also interesting how he just came out of the background just as the team lived up to the potential it was showing. Interesting time too...just before the season starts instead of the off-season.

If he was capable of playing all this time, and if the Leafs get dinged hard by the league, how much of the blame will lie on LouLam's shoulders?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Sounds faked from a similar tweet address.

Not a tweet but if Lupul says that in person at a press conference, then maybe, but as it is, it's nothing more than made up garbage.

So, let's wait for Lupul's press conference. He's 33 with a bad back, his career is finished, and he's getting paid $5,250,000. Doubtful he would slander those paying him.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Sounds faked from a similar tweet address.

Not a tweet but if Lupul says that in person at a press conference, then maybe, but as it is ... it's nothing more than made up.

So, let's wait for Lupul's press conference. He's 33 with a bad back, his career is finished, and he's getting paid $5,250,000. Doubtful he would slander those paying him.

The checkmark you see next to the name means that it is verified to be him. It's not a fake account. Lupul, or someone who accessed his account, made those comments.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Imagine being dumb enough to believe that a player was healthy enough to play, wanted to play, but just accepted being told no without seeking immediate legal counsel from his union.

I don't have to imagine it, I can just read the mainboard and find perfect cases from the usual suspects

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If they let the Pronger situation go but choose to make a big deal of this, it'll make them look beyond bush league.

They go after the Leafs they'll need to start investigating every questionable LTIR case (ie Hosea and his recent "equipment rash") the whole thing would be a PR disaster for the league and so they likely won't do any.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Sorry about that Joffrey. We already had a thread devoted to how there's doctors and lawyers and other stuff like that wouldn't corrupt the system and no one would cheat.

Next.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
lol, the thread on the mainboard is going to be really fun. They're already praying the Leafs get punished. Going to be very disappointed when nothing comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad