Joey Moss' Keeper League Third Season Completed! Draft is June 8th (MODS CAN CLOSE)

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
:stars still looking to deal

Players not being traded
Helm, Stalberg, Nyquist, Harding ,Howard, Knight, Jurco, Jarnkrok, Smith, Oullett

The rest are could be traded.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Looking forward to free agency.

JOEY MOSS: How will we bid on UFAs? Closed bids, open bids or agents?

I'm game, whatever works for you. Just let us know.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So how do you guys want to do Free Agency? I'm not going to be able to find agents outside of the league on time.

We could do some sort of bidding process or I can get a few of our GM's to take players.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
bidding process works good...I will be overpaying for sure...hey on another note, bruno mars still has not confirmed our deal, not sure if the guy went away on a vacation or something else, but we agreed to a deal that sent brandon sutter from my team Tampa to his team Chicago for Vatanen, Ambroz and his 3rd round pick in 2013...

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Nashville trades G Jaroslv Halak to Carolina for F Ryan Strome

Are you kidding me!!! This deal should be vetoed. That gm overpayed like hell and now he's trading him for a ok prospect.

This deal is soo outrageous. Hopefully this deal get vetoed.

Can anyone tell why would this deal be aloud and accepted !!!! :shakehead

:help:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Holy ****, calm down dude. That deal is fine. It's not even close to being as bad as you think.

I could be an agent if you choose to go that route.

Alberta Oilfire

Jun 4, 2010
Central Alberta
Are you kidding me!!! This deal should be vetoed. That gm overpayed like hell and now he's trading him for a ok prospect.

This deal is soo outrageous. Hopefully this deal get vetoed.

Can anyone tell why would this deal be aloud and accepted !!!! :shakehead

:help:

That deal is worst then you think. You can't let a deal like that pass.

What are you so worried about the deal for? I re-signed Dubnyk and don't think Oil management will do anything about goaltending this year and figured I'd go with him, I've wanted prospects more than NHLers all along, Halak could very well lose his job to Elliott eventually, I don't want to get anyone's panties in a knot here but I can't see the big deal, I like strome more than "Lars Eller" OH NO

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm moving Free Agency to July 3rd because I need more time to plan this out.

Any ideas on how we could do the bidding would be appreciated.

And that proposal is no where near veto worthy. Don't be ridiculous.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
A secret bidding would be cool, but it's hard to do more than one or two player per day this way. Well for the bigger name at least.

Can be a public bidding with say a limit of time after the last bid. Last bid was 12 hours ago, the player sign, a last minute bid? the 12 hours count restart.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I dont see anything wrong with that above deal...I would rather have Strome than a guy who will be splitting time with Elliott...but whatever...

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I don't think money is the only thing the player should be looking for. A slightly lesser offer from a better team should be taken over a better one from a worse one.

Happens in the NHL, so why not here?

I think the bidding should be hidden, but the highest/best offer should be posted after a specified interval. Open bidding is probably gonna lead to ridiculous contracts.

Letting better teams get players on lower salary numbers should also help bring down some of the crazy 10/9 M contracts that the star players get in these games.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
I don't think money is the only thing the player should be looking for. A slightly lesser offer from a better team should be taken over a better one from a worse one.

Happens in the NHL, so why not here?

I think the bidding should be hidden, but the highest/best offer should be posted after a specified interval. Open bidding is probably gonna lead to ridiculous contracts.

Letting better teams get players on lower salary numbers should also help bring down some of the crazy 10/9 M contracts that the star players get in these games.

It also gives an unfair advantage for the strong team to stay strong and for bottom feeder to stay at the bottom. Don't think it's my idea of a healthy league.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
considering that jm said the limit on years for contracts is now 5 or 6 years, that won't be a problem anymore

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
It also gives an unfair advantage for the strong team to stay strong and for bottom feeder to stay at the bottom. Don't think it's my idea of a healthy league.

If the money difference is large, then the bottom team should definittely get the player. I was talking about offers that differ by .5 - 1 M/per yr.

You would have to think good players who make over 4 M per year would be willing to take a little discount for a better team.

But, it seems like we're going by the highest bid, so that point is moot.

considering that jm said the limit on years for contracts is now 5 or 6 years, that won't be a problem anymore

The years won't really affect the $ amount. I hope I'm wrong and the contracts aren't too outrageous.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
:stars players on the block

Mike Santorelli
Brian Boucher
Roman Horak
Josh Birkholz
Steven Shipley
Nick Ross
Brent Regner
Chris Summers
Brandon Whitney (2012 draft pick)

All players could be had real cheap. Preferably picks so no other prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad