Joey Moss' Keeper League Third Season Completed! Draft is June 8th (MODS CAN CLOSE)

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Vancouver resigns RFA's Tyler Myers (5 years @ 5.5M), Colin Wilson (5 years @ 3.2M), Cory Schneider (5 years @ 4.5M) and Peter Mueller (2 years @ 2.6M)

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh my God I completely forgot about free agency with this :( I just realized it. I got too caught up in the REAL free agency :facepalm:

I'll get things caught up ASAP

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
:pens are willing to help out teams in cap hell with bad cap hits.

We are willing to take players with 1 year left on their deal or several years.

Players with one year, we will ask for a small amount of incentive to a deal.

Players with multiple will require someone or something of great quality with that player with a bad cap hit.

Let us know how we can help you out :yo:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
TRADE DEAL

to :pens
Jovanovski, Niitymaki, Gionta, Telegin, Miller

to :sabres
Mark Pereira, Prab Raia and a third rounder in 2014

Buffalo sheds in excess of $10 million in underperforming salaries and Pitts gets the bodies it needs and preferred prospects in the deal.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
TRADE DEAL

Buffalo sheds in excess of $10 million in underperforming salaries and Pitts gets the bodies it needs and preferred prospects in the deal.

:pens will gladly accept. Very excited to gain some veteran leadership and two great prospect

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
TRADE DEAL

As much as its a cap dump trade... I don't like the fact that two prospects also went out. I think a 1st round pick at least. Gionta will have a bounce back season provided he stays healthy, Jovanovski may be able to hit 20-30 points. And Telegin and Miller are both better prospects then the two Buffalo received. Not that any of the prospects shipped out are quite outstanding... But still.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
As much as its a cap dump trade... I don't like the fact that two prospects also went out. I think a 1st round pick at least. Gionta will have a bounce back season provided he stays healthy, Jovanovski may be able to hit 20-30 points. And Telegin and Miller are both better prospects then the two Buffalo received. Not that any of the prospects shipped out are quite outstanding... But still.

Well, it came down to the simple fact that he had too many rosters players and was over 10 million over the cap. He's in the win-now phase and had no need for prospects.

Also, Joey Moss, whenever you can please get back to me via PM. I wasn't around for RFA signings. I want to resign my guys (especially Granlund) and would hate to lose them over missing FA here on accident :cry:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
As much as its a cap dump trade... I don't like the fact that two prospects also went out. I think a 1st round pick at least.
A first rounder for two midrange prospects? There are no Yakupovs or Subbans in the trade. Miller I had gotten as a throw in last minute extra negotiation in another trade, and Telegin was a 4th round pick in 2010 who is listed as a 6.5C by Hockey's Future, far, far from a bluechip prospect!! And you think a first rounder is needed????

As for Jovo, he had 13 points in 66 games for a dynamite Panthers team after a mere 14 the season before in Phoenix. Stick a fork in him, the 36 year old is done. I had high hopes of a resurgence in his career in Florida and it just didn't happen. Some of you thought my offering 2.5 per for Corvo in UFA was shocking, how about carrying Jovo at 3.5!! Someone could be optimistic about Jovo, but I am certainly not. He had his chance.

Niitymaki is not even an NHLer anymore, with gaud awful stats at lower levels, his 2.0 salary is a good riddance.

Gionta ought to get 30-35 points, perhaps more, if he's healthy, but at 5.0 for each of the next two seasons he ain't no bargain! What kind of team places much value on the vet? I have been shopping him in PM offers for weeks! with no interest whatsoever until Pitts, who needs bodies and salaries on an underdeveloped pro line-up. (Will someone out there give me a first rounder for Gionta? A 2nd rounder even? Step up boys!)

My Sabres are improved because of my plan to dump these three underperforming salaries and replace them with more optimistic performers through free agency. With this trade with the Pens, mission accomplished, the off season has been a success.

It's a win-win trade.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
St Louis is still looking to make some deals. Guys available are Timonen, Alfy, Stastny, Broweur, McDonald, Varlamov. Might even deal Seabrook for a really good offer

Looking for either a goalie or solid prospects

EDIT: Broweur going for the best pick or prospect. Will be dealt by tomorrow

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad