Joey Hishon: What's the deal?

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
With our forward issues, would it be realistic to bring him up now?

No. Players are called up depending on how they are playing. It's safe to assume Malone was the best bet considering he was just called up.

I am also not a fan of people pegging him in to play 2nd/3rd lines. The kid needs to earn it, not have it handed to him.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
I just checked Lake Erie Stats. There is only one player on the team with a higher +/- then Hishon's +5(Stollery +7). Heard needs to play more often(+2). The rest of the team are pretty much all minus.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Corey Pronman was at the Lake Erie game tonight and said this...

Hishon with a gorgeous play to set up LE's 3rd goal. Kid can play, just about staying on the ice.
Observations from tonight: Hishon certainly stands out with his skill, but he will need time due to missed time. Lags in speed & strength.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Had a dream last night that I played with Lake Erie and got called up to Colorado. Hishon tried to fight me but I wouldn't because I was scared of his concussion problems and would hurt the future of the team. I was an Avs fan still at heart :laugh:

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Had a dream last night that I played with Lake Erie and got called up to Colorado. Hishon tried to fight me but I wouldn't because I was scared of his concussion problems and would hurt the future of the team. I was an Avs fan still at heart :laugh:

:laugh: Wait, wasn't he on the same team? Or did he want to fight you because you got called up instead of him?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Because I got called up isntead of him :laugh:
We found out the news at practice where he came after me :laugh:

Nice job taking one for the team. Now, next time you go to sleep you have to make sure to dream that you wreck your knee or something, and they call up Hishon to replace you. :D

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Nice job taking one for the team. Now, next time you go to sleep you have to make sure to dream that you wreck your knee or something, and they call up Hishon to replace you. :D

He could really take one for the team, and get traded to Detroit, where he "Quincey's it up".

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He could really take one for the team, and get traded to Detroit, where he "Quincey's it up".

That was always my solution to the take less money from your favorite team or money from your rivals dilemma. I'd gladly get millions from the red wings to **** **** up for them on the ice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Awesome article! Also great to hear he will be back tonight. If he stays healthy and we get an injury in our top 6 later in the year I really think Hish will be called on

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Awesome article! Also great to hear he will be back tonight. If he stays healthy and we get an injury in our top 6 later in the year I really think Hish will be called on

I would absolutely love to see that, even if it is just a game as a reward for working so hard to come back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad