Joey Hishon: What's the deal?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Marcus Power :yo:

IMO this is more about doing the right thing than holding on to hope that he pans. If the Avs don't see a future for him in the organization, as in a real NHL shot with the team, then they need to cut ties and let him find his own path. If they feel he can contribute to the Avs in the future then they should keep him. It is just that all signs point to that not being the case.

D2M... I'd be thrilled with a curling gold. 2nd best sport in the Winter Olympics.

Marcus Power from the Q? I don't think he has the ability to play pro. I actually spent the last few years playing junior b against his brother :laugh:

I we're going to invite any newfies to camp I want to see A Ry or Etchegary who I think Roy actually invited last year.
Zach O'Brien is a Hishon style player who ripped up the Q for a few years. He got a tryout with the kings farm this year and is playing very well. I wish we had given him a shot. I think he ends up playing/producing in the NHL eventually.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Marcus Power from the Q? I don't think he has the ability to play pro. I actually spent the last few years playing junior b against his brother :laugh:

I we're going to invite any newfies to camp I want to see A Ry or Etchegary who I think Roy actually invited last year.
Zach O'Brien is a Hishon style player who ripped up the Q for a few years. He got a tryout with the kings farm this year and is playing very well. I wish we had given him a shot. I think he ends up playing/producing in the NHL eventually.

Yep same player. I don't think he has a high ceiling, but is a hard working player who the staff has ties to. I see him as at least a capable AHL pro with some upside. I'd like to give Etchegary a shot as well. There are a number of others, but it is all a crapshoot with these undrafted players. I can't remember the last one the Avs signed that worked out.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yep same player. I don't think he has a high ceiling, but is a hard working player who the staff has ties to. I see him as at least a capable AHL pro with some upside. I'd like to give Etchegary a shot as well. There are a number of others, but it is all a crapshoot with these undrafted players. I can't remember the last one the Avs signed that worked out.

I haven't heard much about Power since he left St. John's after midget. I know he's putting up points but I always thought his work ethic was questioned. In midget he was a big skilled kid but didn't bring much speed or grit.
Andrew Ryan played a few years with Mackinnon in Halifax and is a leader there. He was invited to blues camp last year. I would love to see him as part of our organization.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I haven't heard much about Power since he left St. John's after midget. I know he's putting up points but I always thought his work ethic was questioned. In midget he was a big skilled kid but didn't bring much speed or grit.
Andrew Ryan played a few years with Mackinnon in Halifax and is a leader there. He was invited to blues camp last year. I would love to see him as part of our organization.

Touringy happened and changed his game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Really? that's awesome.

Yeah, he will never be known as a gritty player, but one who is responsible on both ends of the ice and works hard. This year he is piling up points like crazy and looks to be ready for the next step. This has been the first year the reigns have been taken off him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah, he will never be known as a gritty player, but one who is responsible on both ends of the ice and works hard. This year he is piling up points like crazy and looks to be ready for the next step. This has been the first year the reigns have been taken off him.

Hench do you live in an area where you get to watch him play or do you just know a lot about prospects?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hench do you live in an area where you get to watch him play or do you just know a lot about prospects?

Technically I live in Wyoming... but I haven't been 'home' for more than 4 days during a week since the second week in November. :rant:

I travel a lot throughout Canada from ~Nov/Dec - March, and a lot of my job is wining and dining clients which usually includes a nice dinner and a sporting event. So I see a lot of hockey.... During a normal week/weekend I usually see 2 CHL games live, sometimes 1 AHL (about every other week), and on rare occasions NHL games (4-5 times a season with clients). Sometimes this changes with where I am at, but that is the norm. This weekend I have to make the rounds through Prince George, Red Deer, and then Medicine Hat... at least it isn't Yellowknife...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Technically I live in Wyoming... but I haven't been 'home' for more than 4 days during a week since the second week in November. :rant:

I travel a lot throughout Canada from ~Nov/Dec - March, and a lot of my job is wining and dining clients which usually includes a nice dinner and a sporting event. So I see a lot of hockey.... During a normal week/weekend I usually see 2 CHL games live, sometimes 1 AHL (about every other week), and on rare occasions NHL games (4-5 times a season with clients). Sometimes this changes with where I am at, but that is the norm. This weekend I have to make the rounds through Prince George, Red Deer, and then Medicine Hat... at least it isn't Yellowknife...

That's pretty cool! Let me know if you're ever in St. John's.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's pretty cool! Let me know if you're ever in St. John's.

Will do! It sounds cool in theory... gets old after 3 years of it. I have about 100x more frequent flyer miles than anybody should have...

Are you going to catch a Prince George game?

Hitting up Medicine Hat/Kamloops on Saturday, but am going to miss out on Prince George this weekend. There is a chance I catch Prince George on the 7th against Spokane, but the plans have not been finalized yet.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad