Waived: Joey Anderson (Update: cleared)

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
I believe the Leafs still have the option of waiving Benn
They do, but the Leafs do not have many other options for defensive depth. Anderson, if he is claimed, can be replaced by Holmberg, Steeves, McMann, Simmonds, and other Marlies. I expect that the intended replacement will be Knies when his NCAA season ends.

I also think that it is more likely that Benn would be claimed than Anderson.

Reactions: Buds17

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Never understood the hate against him - 24 yo kid that looked just fine playing limited minutes with limited opportunity. He grinded and played with heart.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to have a successful career in the NHL with another team

Reactions: Anthrax442

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Never understood the hate against him - 24 yo kid that looked just fine playing limited minutes with limited opportunity. He grinded and played with heart.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to have a successful career in the NHL with another team
no one hates him , most just don't think he's much of a hockey player

Reactions: wingman75

horner

May 22, 2007
He's getting claimed.
No he isn't he doesn't do anything.

Either Holmberg or McMann have looked better.
Steve's as well

He deserved a better shot higher up in the lineup, especially since he played about as well as you could on a line with a guy like ZAR... Not much for a complimentary forward to compliment there.

Obviously I hope he clears and plays another 8 games so he is not Group 6 eligible.
If he showed anything they would have.

horner

May 22, 2007

I don't hate anyone trying to make it . I just thought we had better players on the Marlies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He's getting claimed.

Hopefully, that would clear up a contract spot

He just doesn't really do anything

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hope he gets claimed, would make a good bottom 6er on bottom feeder team
I have to ask ...

If Anderson would make a good bottom 6er on a bottom feeder team, then why in the world was he playing for the Leafs?

You can see the quandary here as it reflects on the Leafs. :wg:

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Have always liked Anderson but hasn't found enough consistency yet as an NHL regular yet.

Ideally he clears waivers
How do we know if a player gets claimed on waivers from the Leafs?

If we want the player to clear, he gets claimed.
If we want to clear a roster spot, he clears.

Been the way for a few years now LOL.

Reactions: Menzinger

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I have to ask ...

If Anderson would make a good bottom 6er on a bottom feeder team, then why in the world was he playing for the Leafs?

You can see the quandary here as it reflects on the Leafs. :wg:
A good bottom 6er = the 7th-12th best forward on a bad team.

This year, he's basically been used as the ~15th forward by the Leafs. With McMann looking good and the Blues trade, he's probably more like the Leafs 17-18th forward at this point.

This shouldn't be complicated concept. You'd almost have to intentionally try to not understand it.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
LOL, this thing got me for like 2 seconds.. I really hate all these intentional fake Bot accounts

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Look at that all that worry for nothing. Shocking a guy who has cleared waivers before clears again.

Every team has prospects as mediocre as Anderson they didn’t need to claim ours.

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3