Waived: Joey Anderson (Update: cleared)

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Despite the criticism he gets I thought he looked decent in his call-ups this year. He's an unspectacular but quietly effective player who does the little things well, and his underlying numbers were pretty solid. Ultimately I think he needs an extended look somewhere else to develop as he's not gonna get that here. McMann fits into the bottom six better at this point in time.

Wish him the best if he gets claimed.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
this isn't the first time he's been waived and i doubt he gets claimed unless some bottom feeder needs a warm body to play out the season after they've sold off a few players

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Leafs may want to call up someone like Holmberg again. With a full 23 man roster and noone who is waiver exempt, only way to do that is by waiving or trading someone.

Reactions: Ciao and Buds17

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Leafs may want to call up someone like Holmberg again. With a full 23 man roster and noone who is waiver exempt, only way to do that is by waiving or trading someone.
A 4th line of:

ZAR-Acciari-Holmberg

….. has a lot to like and would like to see it before the playoffs.

I really like the idea of Holmberg on 4RW to get playoff y, see how he does, and take the 4C responsibility off of him in the interim.

He can keep pace and is also a threat to score there, along with Acciari.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Glad they finally gave him a look. But just didn't play with the type of desperation you would think for someone who has been buried in the minors and finally given a chance. Hope he gets a chance somewhere else to prove he belongs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Didn’t stand off the page but would usually make a couple of nice plays in a game, did draw some penalties. Would have liked more physicality and tenacity.. he’s serviceable depth right now but as the Leafs are competing they need more.

I think you have to look at a guy like Acciari as your model depth player.. brings physicality, skating, and a bit of skill with the will to make plays out there.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
He seems like a candidate to turn into a 10-15 goal guy for 750 k with the right opportunity. Wish him the best and the waiver wire is a good rule so guys can get opportunities.

Reactions: Ciao and TMLAM34

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Was excited about him when we got him but nothing really there

Possibly a career journey man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad