Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
0xOPTkd.jpg

TSN Scouting Report

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So the general consensus I'm seeing is everyone's just 'okay' with the pick? Not thrilled but not really upset?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Strikes me as an extremely vanilla pick.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So the general consensus I'm seeing is everyone's just 'okay' with the pick? Not thrilled but not really upset?

I'm happy. He was one of my 2 preferences (3 once Konecny fell). Seen him described as a "shoot-first Koivu" which would be phenomenal at #20.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
A very competitive center who uses his size, skill, and skating to power to the net and create scoring chances. Possesses an elite-level shot, great vision, and slick puckhandling skills; as a result, it's no surprise that he has a natural knack for scoring big goals. Offensive catalyst, but also defensively responsible. Plays a creative, 200-foot game. All-in-all, an intelligent, scoring center that is productive at both ends of the ice. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

From eliteprospects.

Sounds like a nice player to get at 20.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

Same feeling from when we drafted Granlund and Brodin. People were like meh/not sure.

I think if he can even become a very good #2 center then great.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I LOVE the pick. Love players who have proven production at high levels of play. Eriksson Ek did great against the best U-18s players in the world, and has done very well in the SEL, arguably the 3rd best men's league in the world. Expect him to be the Sweden U-20 team this upcoming WJC and play a regular role in the SEL.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This was the most obvious pick I can ever recall. JEE had Fletcher written all over him.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
I guess I'm pretty happy with the pick. He would have been my first choice, but Konecny fell. Ek is probably the safer pick, whereas Konecny is likely more a boom/bust prospect. Hopefully he'll be a solid #3C for us in the future.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I guess I'm pretty happy with the pick. He would have been my first choice, but Konecny fell. Ek is probably the safer pick, whereas Konecny is likely more a boom/bust prospect. Hopefully he'll be a solid #3C for us in the future.

I think he has more potential than just a #3C. My expectations for him is to develop into a good #2C

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Pretty much these:

It's a safe pick.

Strikes me as an extremely vanilla pick.

Hope he proves me wrong.

He's a pretty safe bet to be a 3rd line C, ceiling seems to be a good 2nd line C. It's a real nice pick if Granlund can realize his 1C potential, but if not, we're in the same position we are now with Koivu and Granlund as our top 2 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad