Prospect Info: Joel Eriksson Ek (C) - 20th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I wouldn't

Granlund, Zucker, and Parise are fine right now. Nino is an option and Coyle could be as well if you find a legit 3rd line center and no longer need Coyle to carry the 3rd line.

Zucker hasnt been all that great this year. Nino and Coyle need to step up or you just have Granny and Parise. even so id rather upgrade to a better winger than all of them.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Zucker hasnt been all that great this year. Nino and Coyle need to step up or you just have Granny and Parise. even so id rather upgrade to a better winger than all of them.
Comparing any of those guys to Eriksson Ek is simply ridiculous

Reactions: THE JAM

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I hope we at least give an offer to Toronto for Nylander. Could, theoretically, kill two birds with one stone on that depending on the situation the team is in and who is traded.
The rumor, and it makes sense, is that Fenton's already talked to Nylander's agent about what a contract would look like and they couldn't come close. It'll be interesting to see how things actually shake out by Saturday afternoon though. A lot of what's happened for the past month has probably been negotiation and positioning for the inevitable, but I assume Nylander will have some sort of contract by the deadline. Probably a bridge and probably with the Leafs. My guess is that trade talk will continue from Dec 2nd until the draft, and I'd be surprised if Minnesota didn't keep coming up as a possibility.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ha, thought this was the trade thread.

As for Ek... he needs to figure it out or Fenton needs to figure it out for him. By no means do I lay the team's recent performances at his feet, but this team needs an effective third line to be successful and he's dragged it down more often than not.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Comparing any of those guys to Eriksson Ek is simply ridiculous

in what way is this comparing to EK? i said id hope to trade for a winger which you prefer a 3c understandably, i dont see us having great wings which is why i want the upgrade their. nowhere in my statement did i say EK is as good/worse/or better than any of them.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The rumor, and it makes sense, is that Fenton's already talked to Nylander's agent about what a contract would look like and they couldn't come close. It'll be interesting to see how things actually shake out by Saturday afternoon though. A lot of what's happened for the past month has probably been negotiation and positioning for the inevitable, but I assume Nylander will have some sort of contract by the deadline. Probably a bridge and probably with the Leafs. My guess is that trade talk will continue from Dec 2nd until the draft, and I'd be surprised if Minnesota didn't keep coming up as a possibility.
Where did you see that rumor?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Where did you see that rumor?
I haven't heard a clip myself, but Gord Miller yesterday on Leaf's Lunch according to the Toronto board. How reliable Miller is I don't know, but there's nothing stopping Fenton from talking to Nylander's agent so at least that much has probably happened. Russo's reports that the Wild's interest has waned over the last few weeks would back up that it didn't really go anywhere.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I haven't heard a clip myself, but Gord Miller yesterday on Leaf's Lunch according to the Toronto board. How reliable Miller is I don't know, but there's nothing stopping Fenton from talking to Nylander's agent so at least that much has probably happened. Russo's reports that the Wild's interest has waned over the last few weeks would back up that it didn't really go anywhere.
Thanks! Somehow I don’t find that super surprising. I’m guessing our range of dollar amount is right in line with Toronto’s. Wonder if that means they had a deal lined up if they could get Nylander to sign...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Thanks! Somehow I don’t find that super surprising. I’m guessing our range of dollar amount is right in line with Toronto’s. Wonder if that means they had a deal lined up if they could get Nylander to sign...

Probably GMPF just doing his due diligence. There's nothing preventing him from talking to Nylander's agent just to see what the baseline was for term and years. GMPF probably sniffed around on what Tor would want for trade too.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
in what way is this comparing to EK? i said id hope to trade for a winger which you prefer a 3c understandably, i dont see us having great wings which is why i want the upgrade their. nowhere in my statement did i say EK is as good/worse/or better than any of them.
When you say that the team needs a top 6 winger more than a 3rd line center, you're directly comparing those players.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
When you say that the team needs a top 6 winger more than a 3rd line center, you're directly comparing those players.

because i feel the team needs a top tier top 6 winger over a 3c is not comparing ek to the wingers mentioned. i understand ek is not our future 1C even if he starts producing nicely we need a young center to come in and take over and let him be a 2C like koivu is to staal. thats quite obvious, however the wingers we have now do not really strike fear in anyone outside of granny. parise when healthy sure but age catches up eventually. i would rather see them trade for a young wing left shot or right doesnt matter that is already showing good offensive production over a possible better 3c right now. i do not see the current roster going very far and as much as i believe an upgrade at 3c would help i view our top 6 wingers needing the upgrade. my opinion vs yours on ek vs the wingers would just be a boring debate which would go too far and get annoying because as in the past you and i do not see very much the same. its pointless to get too far into a conversation between the two of us.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
because i feel the team needs a top tier top 6 winger over a 3c is not comparing ek to the wingers mentioned. i understand ek is not our future 1C even if he starts producing nicely we need a young center to come in and take over and let him be a 2C like koivu is to staal. thats quite obvious, however the wingers we have now do not really strike fear in anyone outside of granny. parise when healthy sure but age catches up eventually. i would rather see them trade for a young wing left shot or right doesnt matter that is already showing good offensive production over a possible better 3c right now. i do not see the current roster going very far and as much as i believe an upgrade at 3c would help i view our top 6 wingers needing the upgrade. my opinion vs yours on ek vs the wingers would just be a boring debate which would go too far and get annoying because as in the past you and i do not see very much the same. its pointless to get too far into a conversation between the two of us.
Now we are projecting Ek to be a 2nd liner?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Now we are projecting Ek to be a 2nd liner?

current trajectory no, but we drafted him in the 1st round with the idea he could at least be a 2C. is he one now no but we are talking in the future when staal and koivu are gone. is that next year or 3 years from now? i have no clue but am hoping he steps up his game and can become a solid 2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad