Confirmed with Link: Joel Armia signed for 2 years (2.6M AAV)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A little more than what I wanted, but it's fine. So considering the players we will send down to the minors (Weise, Alzner, Peca etc). How much would we have left on the cap?

If all three are sent to the minors, they would have an extra $3.2M on the cap.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
If all three are sent to the minors, they would have an extra $3.2M on the cap.

Ok so potentially about 10 million left with only Lehkonen to sign. I won't count Hudon as I would be shocked if her ever played for the Habs again.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Had him at 2,5M. Can't complain about 100K. He's the only guy who's got any size up front so I guess that's logic, for once.

Good deal for Armia too, though. I don't think he has any upside at all. He is what he is.

Though correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we now officially sit at 50 contracts...
I guess we'll deal a guy like Waked or Pezzetta to free a spot or two.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Had him at 2,5M. Can't complain about 100K. He's the only guy who's got any size up front so I guess that's logic, for once.

Good deal for Armia too, though. I don't think he has any upside at all. He is what he is.

Though correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we now officially sit at 50 contracts...

Poehling will make the team and help in that department.

Reactions: Habs4Life

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A little more than what I wanted, but it's fine. So considering the players we will send down to the minors (Weise, Alzner, Peca etc). How much would we have left on the cap?

Plus we have to sign Lehkonen, which will cost about the same.

From capfriendly, i estimate after Lehkonen signs, we'll have between 4.5 and 5.5 million in cap space.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

I guess we'll deal a guy like Waked or Pezzetta to free a spot or two.

Capfriendly has the Habs at 45 contracts.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Poehling and Armia. Now that's what I call a team with a heavy forecheck!

Can't complain about the Tatar Danault Gallagher line 5 on 5. They're one if the better two way lines in the league.

Then we have Lehkonen, Poehling and Armia in three of the remaining four top 9 wing spots. I still prefer only one of Armia and Lehkonen in the top 9. But Julien loves the...

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
it's fine, and the cap hit only matters if you assumed we would spend the money left... which nothing indicates we will now that Aho is off the table, just like the last 2 seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad