Joe Sakic - Record as Colorado Avalanche GM - Part II (Updates in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Oh in his interview he also directly mentioned that moving Barrie during the season would have meant picks coming back, and they wanted a player. He found a way to make that happen unlike Winnipeg with Trouba.

I was really nervous we'd be all arguing over moving Barrie or not as we sit in a 7-9 slot going into the TDL, and knowing we were looking at a futures package or him walking for nothing.

Kudos for that
Yeah I fully agree with that. If Barrie wasn't part of their long term plan they had to move him this summer. They couldn't wait until the TDL as they would have gotten only future for him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Haha after hearing he was already discussing that particular trade at the draft I don't think you are right. ;)

Ok Sakic finally pulled the trigger. I still see flaws on the roster, but it is more balanced now.

A right shot D is missing with EJ coming off of surgery and Makar being a rook.

We are still forced to split the top line in order to have a truly balanced top six group.

The in and out list based on the last game of last season isn't a clear cut upgrade for me, but the balance could help us be the better version of last years team more consistently.

All that said we could add another forward or a right shot D at the TDL depending on how things go.

That's why I gave Sakic an A-, so I think I'm being fair considering how bat shit worried I was lol

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Still not locked and unstickied!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Foppa2118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad