Joe Pavelski leads all active players in playoff goals

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I don't dislike Pavelski at all and in fact quite contrary respect his game a lot. I won't lose any sleep if he makes it I just think it sets a low(er) bar and should in theory open the door for many others.

Don't see why Pavelski would be in and not Brad Richards. Brad has a better career high (91 vs 81) better top 10 scoring finishes (including finishing 7th), and of course has 2 cups and a Conn Smythe.

What about Lecavalier ? Cup + Rocket + much higher offensive peak (52 goals, 106 points).

Post season success eluded Markus Naslund but he peaked much higher and has a Pearson. One game away from winning the Ross.

His own teammate Marleau?

Heatley? 50+50 club in back-to-back years.

I think you have to start letting all of those guys in if you are letting Pavelski in.

Those players are already better than some players in the HOF already, that's basically what I'm getting at. If they were in you wouldn't really think of it as a big deal. Pavelski is basically like a modern day Dino Cicarelli except way better in the playoffs adjusted for era.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014

Yes. I run my own ranking for players and teams since 2011. Buffalo in regular season was at 7th spot minus goalie and special teams, and coaching. It's possible Buffalo can make a big run. They should have this year.

Florida was 4th in my ranking with Seattle being number 1.

The algo (Ai) I created a decade ago almost always predicted the CUP winner within top 7, and 100% of the time within top 10. Buffalo is 7th now.

This is the ranking for 2023 regular season:

SEA
BOS
NJD
FLA
VAN
NYR
BUF
CGY
VGK
WSH

I was not surprised who the winners will be in the matchups. Very often it showed in my rankings. I knew CAR and DAL will hit matchups they won't be able to score on.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yeah, I get it but he’s played a lot of games. It’s like Dave Andreychuk in the regular season.
He just scored 9 goals and 14 points in 14 games after missing an entire series with a concussion. He turns 39 years old in roughly one month.

If he was chipping in a few goals here and there and adding to his totals, you'd have a point. He was a leader in every sense of the word at his age. He's not "compiling".

Reactions: Dr Pepper

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
He just scored 9 goals and 14 points in 14 games after missing an entire series with a concussion. He turns 39 years old in roughly one month.

If he was chipping in a few goals here and there and adding to his totals, you'd have a point. He was a leader in every sense of the word at his age. He's not "compiling".
A man makes a good point. Maybe the Stars should change captains.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad