Joe Pavelski leads all active players in playoff goals

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
138 points in 180 playoff games entering tonight.
1,001 points in 1,250 regular season games.

He's had a great career. I wouldn't call him underrated. Hockey fans know who he is. He just hasn't produced enough individual accolades to be considered a HOF caliber player, despite what John Buccigross may say.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
My favorite player in the league. Too bad he never won a cup yet.
He should go to Buffalo or Devils (together with DeBor) next year. Maybe he would have a shot.
Guy is the exact opposite of all the stars who don't deliver.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
1,000 points in 1,280 regular season games.

He's had a great career. I wouldn't call him underrated. Hockey fans know who he is. He just hasn't produced enough individual accolades to be considered a HOF caliber player, despite what John Buccigross may say.

138 points in 180 playoff games is like, really good, along with leading active players in playoff goals

Despote

Mar 21, 2023

He's elite defensively though. He may not have the accolades, but I think he has been a more effective player than many who make the HoF

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Not upset. I just think the nickname is absurd considering his career stats. Good player, but he's being made into a Hall of Famer or amazing playoff performer throughout his career. That's not true at all.
I’d say guy who leads all active players in playoff goals, game-winning goals and is 7th amongst points is worthy of having the nickname ”Playoff Joe”

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I’d say guy who leads all active players in playoff goals, game-winning goals and is 7th amongst points is worthy of having the nickname ”Playoff Joe”
His career playoff PPG is 0.765. That's good for 138th place in NHL playoff history entering tonight.

That's a lot of "Playoff Joes"

Reactions: Sentinel and Plural

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
I love Joe Pavelski, as I think any Sharks fan does, but he is not close to being elite defensively. Having said that, wow what a rocket of a goal

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
His career playoff PPG is 0.765. That's good for 138th place in NHL playoff history entering tonight.

That's a lot of "Playoff Joes"

This includes players who played about 25 games though. Among players with 100+ playoff games I bet it's a lot better than that. His longevity in the playoffs is something most players haven't managed.

Also your argument would make a lot more sense if people were claiming he was a top 100 player of all time or something.

Reactions: OKR and Elysian

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
This includes players who played about 25 games though. Among players with 100+ playoff games I bet it's a lot better than that. His longevity in the playoffs is something most players haven't managed.

Also your argument would make a lot more sense if people were claiming he was a top 100 player of all time or something.
That’s true also. I think he’s rated where he should be. Great career but not quite HOF worthy.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Pavelski 73
Ovechkin 72
Crosby 71

Much better defensively than the duo below him too. Talk about underrated?

If you compare him to Crosby and Ovechkin then yes, he's gonna appear underrated to you.

Both arr much better and have had much better careers - just not the same level of players.

But he's got some incredible lo geviry - being a legit top line player for most of his career and still being one in his late 30s.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Even PPG wise isn't he like Top 10 amongst active players right now at least with a decent sample size (Basically barring people who have played like 25 games in their career)? His PPG is probably his biggest knock because of how many games he's played.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah how many cups does he have though? Likely going to retire with none.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I’d call him underrated. He’s arguably the best of all time at tipping pucks. His hand eye coordination is amongst the best ever.

Yeah how many cups does he have though? Likely going to retire with none.
This is such a tired argument for or against any player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad