Player Discussion Joe Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I believe they should have given this guy more of chance. Most likely they like what they see so they are hanging on.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I believe they should have given this guy more of chance. Most likely they like what they see so they are hanging on.

With K Miller and McQuaid actually playing pretty good hockey, Morrow sits. C Miller keeps getting better. So that leaves Krug Chara and Carlo. In my opinion he has top 4 potential just needs more ice time.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
If and when Morrow ever figures out this game he will play . There is plenty of room for him. We all see the talent but a few of you guys don't see the train wreck he is currently with out the puck. Claude took the blame on this guy on these boards forever but I guess we all have to say he at least currenly isn't Cassidy guy either lol.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If and when Morrow ever figures out this game he will play . There is plenty of room for him. We all see the talent but a few of you guys don't see the train wreck he is currently with out the puck. Claude took the blame on this guy on these boards forever but I guess we all have to say he at least currenly isn't Cassidy guy either lol.

You came to this conclusion watching his 17 games played in the NHL? Come on that's ridiculous. In regards to being a Cassidy guy I don't expect a change now when they have gone 8-1.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
You came to this conclusion watching his 17 games played in the NHL? Come on that's ridiculous. In regards to being a Cassidy guy I don't expect a change now when they have gone 8-1.

I came to the conclusion he is currently our 8th defenseman and that's where he currently belongs. The forwards have all been switched in and out of the line up after wins . Heck if it was all Julien he would've been in from Cassidy night one. Liles was given a game . I won't be that surprised if he plays a game . I am just saying he currently doesn't have it . He is the only bruin who hasn't seen the ice since Cassidy has been here .

As far as why he is still here it is because he has zero trade value so why not see if he can develop at all.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i guess if joe morrow is really as good as some folks think, vegas will snap him up. i say they don't even consider it.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
But why play Liles instead? He is lucky to have a job and will be gone at the end of the season. All the while Morrow languishes, not on the bench, but in street clothes.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Morrow is simply not a good hockey player. There was a reason he was signed to a one-year deal and C.Miller was signed to a two-year deal. This was Joe Morrow's make or break year, and he went broke.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Morrow is simply not a good hockey player. There was a reason he was signed to a one-year deal and C.Miller was signed to a two-year deal. This was Joe Morrow's make or break year, and he went broke.

Don't know what he is after 65 sporadic NHL games. He sits and sits with no AHL or NHL games.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011

I'm not saying whether he will be a regular or not, but I wouldn't write him off yet, and I don't believe the Bruins have. There is such a fine line when players are just-barely able to play at the NHL level. Some find that extra bit needed (speed, decisions, confidence) "in time"...some don't. To my eyes, Morrow has a lot of skill, but struggles in his zone at the NHL level....so far.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Don't know what he is after 65 sporadic NHL games. He sits and sits with no AHL or NHL games.

Agree tuff to,develop sitting in the press box.Should have been in Providence developing or playing with the Bruins.i haven't seen him being any worse than K Millar has been ,he makes some of the biggest bone head plays imaginable.If Morrow is that bad than why didn't they have him in Providence ,If he is that bad he shouldn't have had any problems clearing waivers.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
i guess if joe morrow is really as good as some folks think, vegas will snap him up. i say they don't even consider it.

I'd take that bet. He's got wheels and offensive instincts, a good breakout pass. The one thing he doesn't do well is defensive zone coverage at times he looks lost out there, but if he ever comes around his upside is a lot higher and he would be better choice for them than taking a Beleskey and that salary.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
But why play Liles instead? He is lucky to have a job and will be gone at the end of the season. All the while Morrow languishes, not on the bench, but in street clothes.

Exactly, nuts letting this kid sit

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'd take that bet. He's got wheels and offensive instincts, a good breakout pass. The one thing he doesn't do well is defensive zone coverage at times he looks lost out there, but if he ever comes around his upside is a lot higher and he would be better choice for them than taking a Beleskey and that salary.

K Millars defensive coverage usually sucks also,and also tends to look lost out there also.I really thought that Morrow had just got in Julian's dog house,and would get a better shot with the new coach ,but guess not.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think it's very telling that even once Cassidy took over Morrow hasn't played. He's not as good as some of us make him out to be.

That being said, Sweeney should have sent him down a while ago, at least let him play.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think he would have to clear waivers at this point to go to Providence- they'd probably lose him for nothing that way.

That hole waiver thing can be real crap.I get how it is in place so players get a better chance to get to NHL,but also think some players development gets screwed over sitting because team can't send them down with out loosing them.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well, if he's 'terrible' as some believe, why would they care?

Well obviously the Bruins don't think that :laugh: I think he has some potential for sure. I thought maybe under Cassidy he'd get more time, but I also think Cassidy is in a bit of a spot concerning him. If the Bruins were comfortably in the playoffs, or well out of it, we might see him. Now though with every game being important, I wonder if Morrow is just too much of a mixed-bag risk to send out there.

He probably should have gotten more time earlier in the season- I'd have even been okay not re-upping Liles and using Morrow as a regular 7th man. As it turns out, with Liles' concussion and generally crappy play anyway, that would have been smart. Oh well. Now they have a kid with definite upside (how much is the question) who has some value to the org either as a player or a potential trade part, but who they don't really know the exact value of, and who can't get regular playing time either here or in Providence.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That hole waiver thing can be real crap.I get how it is in place so players get a better chance to get to NHL,but also think some players development gets screwed over sitting because team can't send them down with out loosing them.

The Bruins should have signed him to two way deal. He is practically league-minimum as it is. Then it wouldn't be an issue. That's the solution for young players who haven't broken in. I know their agents probably don't like that type of contract, and they probably don't so much, but it does offer the way to deal with the waiver thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad