Player Discussion Joe Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The Bruins should have signed him to two way deal. He is practically league-minimum as it is. Then it wouldn't be an issue. That's the solution for young players who haven't broken in. I know their agents probably don't like that type of contract, and they probably don't so much, but it does offer the way to deal with the waiver thing.

Seems like a better way to do things for sure.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Did C. Miller come out of the gate firing this season? No. It took him some time to bring things together. But he has put together a solid season after consistently playing 40+ games.

You can't expect Joe Morrow to show much of anything when he plays 3 games once a month. Unfortunately he's the #8 who gets no playing time. His ceiling is a depth Dman anyway. I don't feel too bad cause he's clearing massive checks every other week.

If he played more consistently I think he would be able to handle a bottom pairing role. But he won't get that time here so hopefully he can move on somewhere else.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't dislike Morrow, and think he could have a role in the NHL as a 6/7 d-man, but probably not with the B's. People should have known where Morrow was in the B's eyes when they signed him to a 1 yr deal and Chiller got 2 years.

Personally, I preferred O'Gara to Morrow or Liles as the 3rd pair LHD with Chiller on the right side to start the season. That may have been a bit premature, but recent reports out of Providence indicate that ROG has taken his game to the next level. I was hoping we would see him in Boston before the end of the year, but with the recent streak, that seems unlikely.

Hopefully, Morrow gets dealt to a team where he can establish himself as an NHL Dman. I would like O'Gara and Chiller to be the B's starting 3rd pair this September. I think they will compliment one another well.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I'm thinking they sent Morrow down to get some playing time, and now that he is back Cassidy will blend him in. Don't know who will be sitting.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Joe Morrow not the sole target of detractors as it seems to be second nature in Beantown hockey circles. I remember reading Cassidy couldn't coach. And Cehlarik couldn't skate. And Khoko was garbage in his five minutes of fame. And Seguin's middle name wasn't grit. Morrow should be at around the same level of CMiller in development but wasted the last two years in reserve while pull-ups king Trotman put on a show.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Joe Morrow not the sole target of detractors as it seems to be second nature in Beantown hockey circles. I remember reading Cassidy couldn't coach. And Cehlarik couldn't skate. And Khoko was garbage in his five minutes of fame. And Seguin's middle name wasn't grit. Morrow should be at around the same level of CMiller in development but wasted the last two years in reserve while pull-ups king Trotman put on a show.

Koko was garbage during his time with the big club. As for the rest there will always be some criticism about every player or coach at some point. No big deal, it's all about interaction. Everybody doesn't have the same opinion. Even Bergy has been criticized at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad