Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Since it seems to be necessary to post this after every loss now:

We would have won if Ward started the game. :sarcasm:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
LOL what a ****ing joke. This team is horrible. Worst team in the NHL and they can't put the puck away. 1-for-15 PP goes 3-3. Everything goes wrong except for the Captain.

These guys better wake the **** up. Too much talent to let it go to waste. An absolute joke.

Lost the 2nd half of a back to back(which they won the first half of), with the back up goalie in net. Calm. the. ****. Down.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
LOL what a ****ing joke. This team is horrible. Worst team in the NHL and they can't put the puck away. 1-for-15 PP goes 3-3. Everything goes wrong except for the Captain.

These guys better wake the **** up. Too much talent to let it go to waste. An absolute joke.

hmm we have no third scoring line, only a few finishers and a mediocre defense at best worst in the league the rest of the time.

Sounds like alot of talent to me.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Just because Hartnell is out of the lineup means that this should be an easy win? I don't understand at all why playin Phili at home was a sure fire win.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I saw this a few pages back, but just got home to a computer, so I must ask. Why the hell was chad larose on the ice so much in the third? I mean really? The man cannot put the puck in the net. He is completely useless as far as I am concerned. I would have rather seen Dalpe out there with Jordan and Skinner, I mean, at least he draws penalties.

That game was a tough one to watch, the canes, well they suck. We have no PK, no PP, no defense, and sadly we have the offensive talent, it just not producing as it should. :help:

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Can anyone look at who our 13th forward is and who we have in the minors and explain to me why Boychuk was placed on waivers?

9 of our forwards still don't have a goal. 6 our forwards really can't be counted for offense unless Chad is alongside Eric and gets 400 set-ups a game to the point where he can whiff his way to 15 goals over a full schedule. No, wouldn't want to give Boychuk a chance.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Can anyone look at who our 13th forward is and who we have in the minors and explain to me why Boychuk was placed on waivers?

9 of our forwards still don't have a goal. 6 our forwards really can't be counted for offense unless Chad is alongside Eric and gets 400 set-ups a game to the point where he can whiff his way to 15 goals over a full schedule. No, wouldn't want to give Boychuk a chance.

So...

7/26/12 -- Canes fans happy to give Semin a 1-year shot, hoping he works out.

2/2/13 -- Semin thankful he's only here for one year.

Does that seem to be the trend?

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
On the not falling off a cliff side of things, calling Philly the worst team in the conference would be like calling Dan Ellis the best goalie in the conference at the start of the game.

Victims of sample size, rather than meaningful statistics. I'd expect Philly to wander up into the playoff race long before it's all said and done.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

This really hits home.

With the way our 3rd line is structured, and how Tlusty has been the glue guy (ie no "tangible" production) and Dalpe has done jack of nothing on the 2nd line, a third line with Jokinen, Boychuk and Dalpe does seem decent.

Especially since Lavi was sending Giroux out against Jokinen and Char all night.

I don't get it. Why are we paying Chad 2 million to be useless for 15 minutes a game when we could stick a kid from Charlotte (Welsh anyone) on Jussi's wing and have them be useless for half the cost.

What did we see from Boychuk that made us risk him on waivers rather then stick him as a depth scorer on a team that desperately needs depth scoring?

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
The only think I can think of is they like Chad on the boards, his forechecking and hustle.. he always seems to get like one scoring chance.. yet 99% of the time fail.

Dalpe can't even get that.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
The only think I can think of is they like Chad on the boards, his forechecking and hustle.. he always seems to get like one scoring chance.. yet 99% of the time fail.

Dalpe can't even get that.

Wasn't LaRose like 4th on the team in goals last year? I realize it's a local sport to trash him at every turn, but honestly does it really and truly hurt the team if he's on the 2nd or 3rd line once in a while? I don't think it does. Especially when Dalpe, as you say, doesn't get chances when he's there.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Wasn't LaRose like 4th on the team in goals last year? I realize it's a local sport to trash him at every turn, but honestly does it really and truly hurt the team if he's on the 2nd or 3rd line once in a while? I don't think it does. Especially when Dalpe, as you say, doesn't get chances when he's there.

I don't mind him getting his chances every once in a while... but 2:34 on the powerplay in the third? for a guy who is -4 and has no points? I used to love Chad, but honestly, the only reason he could have been (mis)construed as "good" last year is because he was playing on the first line and getting so much play time. He is a waste of space at this point....

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I don't mind him getting his chances every once in a while... but 2:34 on the powerplay in the third? for a guy who is -4 and has no points? I used to love Chad, but honestly, the only reason he could have been (mis)construed as "good" last year is because he was playing on the first line and getting so much play time. He is a waste of space at this point....

He gets PP time because he's one of the few righthanded shots on the team, and the way Mullers attempting to run the PP, it needs the righthanded shot for the one timer.

And frankly, with the way the PP is clicking right now, I don't care who's on the ice, as long as it produces. Since NO ONE is producing on the PP, seems a little disingenuous to single out LaRose

And claiming he wasn't good last year is simply wrong. He was, by far, our "clutch" player last year. Most GWG and a good portion of game tying ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad