GDT: Joe Corvo @ Philadelphia 2/2/2013

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
There's an explanation for that, and that explanation is that he IS really good.

I don't know if I'm ready to say that, it's two games of looking good with no production to show for it, but if Boychuk ends up being a top 6 player on the Pens, I think Charlie owes me several apologies and his first-born son for all the puck bunny comments.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
One of the most poorly officiated games I've ever seen. A blind man and his dog could have done a better job.

I felt like I deserved an explanation or an apology, or perhaps both. I was incensed when, with about 4:30 left in the game, Talbot interfered with McBain as McBain was tracking the puck carrier on a 2-on-2. Knocked him the **** down right in the slot...nothing else for the referee to be watching. No call. The Canes spent the next minute just trying to get the puck of out their own end.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Wasn't LaRose like 4th on the team in goals last year? I realize it's a local sport to trash him at every turn, but honestly does it really and truly hurt the team if he's on the 2nd or 3rd line once in a while? I don't think it does. Especially when Dalpe, as you say, doesn't get chances when he's there.

I was just going off this year. honestly, I don't mind really how much he plays because he seems to get some chances and we don't have alot of depth to begin with BUT to me, his skills aren't good enough to be a goal scorer.. his goal scoring comes from hard work.

I know it makes little sense but Dalpe I think fans and the team feel he has more skill..obviously faster.. He just hasn't really shown it yet.

I'd rather have Bowman on the second line then either of them. That's only other option tho.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
So...can we fix this PP please?

I suggest we go back to two defensemen on each PP, and just trash the idea of Semin at the point. He's trying to be a playmaker but nobody can capitalize on his created chances, so maybe he'd be better suited to just sit down low and be ready.
Semin is a great playmaker for sure. Nobody is finishing his passes.

His shot is as good as it gets and should absolutely be utilized more, especially on the PP. Once he gets more comfortable he'll fire some more at the net and bury some goals.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
What a surprise, the other team comes out physical, hitting, etc. and our charmin soft team folds up for the most part like a wet paper bag.

The last two losses have come against teams that finish their hits every time.

Mr America

Sep 19, 2010
www.hockeyfights.com
The last two losses have come against teams that finish their hits every time.

That's my point. Too many softies that don't want to get hit and it seems to affect the teams game overall. It seems like too many of our guys want to get rid of the puck instead of possibly taking a hit leading to lots of poor "passes", turnovers etc.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
That's my point. Too many softies that don't want to get hit and it seems to affect the teams game overall. It seems like too many of our guys want to get rid of the puck instead of possibly taking a hit leading to lots of poor "passes", turnovers etc.

And not only are they trying to avoid getting hit but also avoiding to hit themselves. Sure they have contact and registered hits here and there but nobody on the team really finishes their checks the way the Bruins and Flyers did.
Our speedy style of play works well against some teams but we always seem to have trouble against teams that bring physicality in the game.

Mr America

Sep 19, 2010
www.hockeyfights.com
And not only are they trying to avoid getting hit but also avoiding to hit themselves. Sure they have contact and registered hits here and there but nobody on the team really finishes their checks the way the Bruins and Flyers did.
Our speedy style of play works well against some teams but we always seem to have trouble against teams that bring physicality in the game.

Defense definitely stays back too much letting people skate by and/or around when all they have to do is put the body on the opposing player to stop their flow.

I always thought Glenn Wesley was great at that. Not none as a hitter, but he always knew how to put body to body effectively I thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad