Waived: Joakim Andersson

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 23s23 seconds ago Buffalo, NY
With Kronwall on IR, Blashill said #RedWings need the flexibility of sending Andersson down (if he clears) to call up a D-man if necessary.

Why not just LTIR Kronwall to free up that cap space then? Or would it further negatively impact the cap like having Dats LTIRed at the beginning of the season?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Why not just LTIR Kronwall to free up that cap space then? Or would it further negatively impact the cap like having Dats LTIRed at the beginning of the season?

If you put someone on LTIR they need to miss at least 10 games and 24 days. Kronwall probably won't be out that long.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
So without any more moves, Kindl, Mantha aren't being called up.

No chance to get a look at Mantha?

qz3dfrG.jpg

CMUshane

Oct 25, 2014
If you're calling up a defenseman, doesn't it make sense to bring up Ouellett? The guy should've been in the league by now anyways...

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
If you're calling up a defenseman, doesn't it make sense to bring up Ouellett? The guy should've been in the league by now anyways...

He's injured right now. If they're calling up a d-man it's between Jensen, Spoul and Russo. Or Kindle. Hoping Jensen gets a chance!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really surprised he cleared. He is the kind of guy NHL teams usually value more than fans.

Still having had him clear waivers makes him very easy to trade, not that I think we would.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Really surprised he cleared. He is the kind of guy NHL teams usually value more than fans.

Still having had him clear waivers makes him very easy to trade, not that I think we would.

Yes, me too. Thought he for sure was going to get picked up.

How does this work; I mean, I know he can stay with the Wings for something like 24 days or 10 games before he becomes waiver exempt again. But is his cap hit buried even when he's with the Wings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad