Waived: Joakim Andersson

Hunting Bow*

Something doesn't make sense? Maybe they're planning to bring up AA?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Considering that Detroit doesn't need to make any moves, I'm baffled why Holland would put Andersson on waivers especially with Richards being gone this weekend for his Grandfathers funeral makes little sense to me.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Interesting. I didnt think anyone was coming back from injury, so maybe this is for a call up rotation.

Either way, we are all "OK" with Anderson disappearing. So no one is going to lose their minds on this one.

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
First Kindl, then Andersson...

vwMin.gif

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
This is crazy news. They have to call someone up for tonight then. I'd guess Nosek, but I'm hoping for Mantha

Hunting Bow*

Supposedly they're Miller is supposedly done for the rest of the season, I can't understand the reasoning behind Andersson getting waived especially seeing that Richards is out this weekend with a family death. This could leave us a little strapped if another injury occured.

There has to be more to the story?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Given that it takes 24 hours to clear waivers, I doubt we see a call up for tonights game.

Then again its really difficult to gauge cap #s and roster spaces these days, but I am under the impression we have very little wiggle room.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I bet this has to do with the cap **** ery that happened due to Datsyuk starting the season on LTIR (I still don't fully understand it TBH :laugh:)

My guess is with Miller is out and Andy is waived if they're calling someone up it'll be someone who can PK, so Nosek.

Last edited:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 23s23 seconds ago Buffalo, NY
With Kronwall on IR, Blashill said #RedWings need the flexibility of sending Andersson down (if he clears) to call up a D-man if necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad