Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I believe that's the main concern with him. He scores most his goals around the net overpowering junior players, but it wont necessarily translate in the pros. We'll see.
Being involved soon alongside JB (the king of hockey), the Teasdale's progression might won't stop.

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
Don't give up to easy with Alain he's a good player this year was his first in pro give him time to acclimatize... Next year will be better I think and pair him with Teasdale I think it will be good since both have played together for 2 years the chemistry will be present.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Don't give up to easy with Alain he's a good player this year was his first in pro give him time to acclimatize... Next year will be better I think and pair him with Teasdale I think it will be good since both have played together for 2 years the chemistry will be present.

needs a lot of work, skating, speed, he wasn't very impressive at all despite getting top 6 and PP time although Bouchard finally saw it and dropped him down to the 3rd and then 4th line while they still had a shot at the playoffs. I like his shot but not much else in terms of NHL upside.

Reactions: Whitesnake

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite

Problem is the AHL should be where you go to define your skill set not to construct your skill set......IMHO.
As a young pro in the AHL players should have the ability to learn systems. Quite often this is where a players hockey IQ is exposed.
Unfortunately the Habs have had AHL coaches developing players with questionable IQ themselves (in recent years).

Reactions: HABitual Fan

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
Just picked up is second assist of the game of the game winning goal!!!! 2 pts and Rouyn take a 2-0 advantage of their series against Rimouski

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I wish we would go after more guys like Teasdale, McNiven, and less guys like Waked, Nevins, Alain. I would rather they go for the guys that get passed over in the draft that they feel should have been picked and still have eligibility instead of getting overagers that have a big year. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Laval next year.

Great analysis. Totally agree.

Reactions: montreal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Teasdale and Suzuki are both 19, only a few months apart.

OK, so the Q is a weaker league than the OHL.

Still, nice upside.

Last edited:

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
A lot of false stuff written here. Teasdale is not one year older than Suzuki. OHL is not stronger than the Q. Look at the number of Memorial Cup since 1996 (8 - 8). Teasdale has nothing of a goon. You want to compare within the Q? Look at Comtois, a future good NHLer, and three months older than Teasdale. How is it so hard to admit that this signing is another great move by Bergevin? Also, about Alain vs Evans. Alain is 10 months younger than Evans and Evans got 45 points vs 28 for Alain with better icetime PP time. We will see next year what Alain will do. Anyway, both won't become stars in the NHL. Fouth liners at best.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Your calculation for a year is strange, Teasdale is born March 1999, Suzuki August 1999.

It's not my calculation, I misread it from a website. I never checked the actual birthday, so my bad.

Is the fact that the Q is an inferior league to the OHL, also "strange" or does that pass the test? :eyeroll:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A lot of false stuff written here. Teasdale is not one year older than Suzuki. OHL is not stronger than the Q. Look at the number of Memorial Cup since 1996 (8 - 8). ...

A poster before you strangely came up with it before you did.

As for your argument about how the OHL is "not stronger than the Q", I'll take this guy's calculations over your arguments, thank-you very much.

Last edited:

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
As per the Q being weaker than the O.. In the last 10 years the O has won 5 times and the Q 4. Remains to be said about this year but I wouldn't be so quick so jump to that conclusion just because you see more OHL guys at the world juniors.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Funny to see the guy trying to prove that Suzuki, picked 13th overall is better than Teasdale, undrafted two years in a row. All that based on an exotic calculation about the strength of the leagues and not knowing that Suzuki has 4 points on empty net goals, and Teasdale none. It would have been easier and more honest to just say that Teasadale is a huge free bonus to our pipeline. Thank you Bergevin, another great move!

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
A poster before you strangely came up with it before you did.

As for your argument about how the OHL is "not stronger than the Q", I'll take this guy's calculations over your arguments, thank-you very much.

These calculations are flawed. On our team alone, Kotkaniemi put up a 0.508 PPG in the Liiga his draft year VS a 0.43 PPG his rookie year. That is a 0.845 translation from the Liiga to the NHL. Patrik Laine had a .717 PPG in the Liiga his draft year VS a 0.876 PPG in his rookie year. That is a 1.22 translation from the Liiga to the NHL. Proof that these calculations are very flawed. Not too touch on the QMJHL vs OHL discussion but I just don’t think this is a viable source to back up the debate.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
These calculations are flawed. On our team alone, Kotkaniemi put up a 0.508 PPG in the Liiga his draft year VS a 0.43 PPG his rookie year. That is a 0.845 translation from the Liiga to the NHL. Patrik Laine had a .717 PPG in the Liiga his draft year VS a 0.876 PPG in his rookie year. That is a 1.22 translation from the Liiga to the NHL. Proof that these calculations are very flawed. Not too touch on the QMJHL vs OHL discussion but I just don’t think this is a viable source to back up the debate.

I don't know about that. If you cherry-pick certain players, you'll always find exceptions. Kotkaniemi and Laine are outliers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Funny to see a post making from a "guy" who is making outlandish assumptions that were never evoked. Never change, HF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad