JM League.. Voting.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I really don't know if you're being sarcastic or is you're serious but that never crossed my mind that all of the teams I've drafted for. If you believe I'm fixing it for that reason I can PM you all the votes if you'd like.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I got a vote this time. =3 I don't think people want me to get a high draft pick anymore.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Another GM-less team, the third team in a row drafted by Joey Moss. Way to go! Keep tallying those votes JM!

This is the "right" stuff:

Calgary Flames

Daniel Sedin - Ryan Kesler - Loui Eriksson
Brandon Dubinsky - Cody Hodgson - Michael Grabner
Jason Chimera - Derek Stepan - Jordin Tootoo
Nick Spaling - Brian Boyle - Erik Condra

Andrej Meszaros - Roman Polak
Karl Alzner - Jonathan Ericsson
Douglas Murray - Adam McQuaid

Miikka Kiprusoff
Jonathan Bernier

I ve only voted for one team wich is Calgary. They deserve to be 28th. Finally
Calgary got whay they deserve.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The 27th pick in the JML Entry Draft belongs to... The Philadelphia Flyers!!!

Los Angeles, NY Rangers, Toronto, and Minnesota also got voted. Next team was 2 votes back..

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Los Angeles, NY Rangers, Toronto, and Minnesota also got voted.

LOS ANGELES KINGS ROSTER
Andrew Ladd - Ryan Getzlaf - Jakub Voracek
Dustin Brown - David Backes - Drew Stafford
Ray Whitney - Brooks Laich - Sean Bergenheim
Patrick Dwyer - Boyd Gordon - Patrick Kaleta

Nikita Nikitin - Adam Larsson
Kyle Quincey - Matt Greene
Filip Kuba - Kevin Klein

Sergei Bobrovsky
Jose Theodore
Get over the Getzlaf love and this squad ain't winning many match-ups.

MINNESOTA WILD ROSTER
Colin Wilson - Mike Richards - Marian Gaborik
Gabriel Bourque - Patrick Berglund - Patric Hornqvist
Danny Cleary - Shawn Matthias - Matt D'Agostini
Blake Comeau - Ryan Carter - Colin McDonald

Ryan Suter - Kris Letang
Paul Martin - Jared Spurgeron
Ron Hainsey - Stu Bickell

Cory Schneider
James Reimer
Goaltending shaky, defense not deep, bottom-6 forwards producing little this season.

NEW YORK RANGERS ROSTER
Patrick Sharp - Logan Couture - Nathan Horton
Scott Hartnell - Patrick Elias - Teddy Purcell
Daniel Winnik - Jarret Stoll - Stephen Gionta
Taylor Pyatt - Jerred Smithson - Tom Pyatt

Niklas Hjalmarsson - Dmitry Kulikov
Nicklas Grossman - Cody Franson
Mark Stuart - Ryan O'Byrne

Tuukka Rask
Justin Peters
A fine team, good basics, some role players for secondary stats.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS ROSTER
Evander Kane - Paul Stastny - Alex Ovechkin
Ryane Clowe - Derek Roy - Tuomo Ruutu
Curtis Glencross - Nick Bonino - Matt Frattin
Gregory Campbell - Zenon Konopka - Cody McLeod

Dion Phaneuf - Jonas Brodin
Dennis Seidenberg - Phillip Larsen
Dmitry Orlov - Andrew MacDonald

Kari Lehtonen
Anders Nilsson
Makes sense statswise. Respectable, though short on scoring depth.

None of the top-5 teams I'd rank have been picked yet. My team aside, there are four teams worthy of selection GIVEN PERFORMANCE NOW AND NEXT SEASON (not pie-in-the-sky projections). Are we to pick the best teams to perform or the best "future" maybe potential squads 3-5 years from now? A serious question.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Get over the Getzlaf love and this squad ain't winning many match-ups.

Goaltending shaky, defense not deep, bottom-6 forwards producing little this season.

A fine team, good basics, some role players for secondary stats.

Makes sense statswise. Respectable, though short on scoring depth.

None of the top-5 teams I'd rank have been picked yet. My team aside, there are four teams worthy of selection GIVEN PERFORMANCE NOW AND NEXT SEASON (not pie-in-the-sky projections). Are we to pick the best teams to perform or the best "future" maybe potential squads 3-5 years from now? A serious question.

You are crazy to say LA is not top 5. LA is a very deep team and will destroy you. You made soo many stupid comment. Just tell us your drunk and we can move on from this and say it wasn't your fault you reacted this way. If not ouch. :shakehead
We all think our team is good and please keep your opinion to yourself if there not pleasant.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You are crazy to say LA is not top 5..
I didn't say that.

I said none of the teams voted for so far are top-5 as far as I can tell:

30. St.Louis Blues
29. Edmonton Oilers
28. Calgary Flames
27. Philadelphia Flyers

To each their opinion. It's just seemed strange to me (having been in countless leagues, this one is starting oddly in terms of opinions of "best" squads).

I'll gladly bow out of conversation on the topic until the end of the first season. G'day and g'luck with the actual season.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I didn't say that.

To each their opinion. It's just seemed strange to me (having been in countless leagues, this one is starting oddly in terms of opinions of "best" squads).

I'll gladly bow out of conversation on the topic until the and of the first season. G'day and g'luck with the actual season.

I wasn't trying to be rude and I like to know everyone opinion on any subject. But you need to understand how this league work. A team could be loaded on enforcer and a great goaltender duo and could win a match up since they would cover Hit,Block shot,the goalies stats,PIM and then they could possibly win the +/- . Backes and Callahan are one of the player for this kind of league. They hit,block shot,score,get a good +/-,PIM....

But please don't quit the league cause we see things differently.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The 26th pick in the JML Entry Draft belongs to.... The Toronto Maple Leafs!!!

nhl+draft+lottery+toronto+maple+leafs.jpg

This one was close with Minnesota and NY Rangers getting 3 votes each to Minnesota's 4. Those were the only teams voted.

Jul 10, 2010
I wasn't trying to be rude and I like to know everyone opinion on any subject. But you need to understand how this league work. A team could be loaded on enforcer and a great goaltender duo and could win a match up since they would cover Hit,Block shot,the goalies stats,PIM and then they could possibly win the +/- . Backes and Callahan are one of the player for this kind of league. They hit,block shot,score,get a good +/-,PIM....

But please don't quit the league cause we see things differently.

Pretty sure he just meant that after the first season, he'd be proved to be right.

I too love LAK fwd depth, but their D depth isnt great and Bob playing for columbus may not win alot if games. Just my 2 cents.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Pretty sure he just meant that after the first season, he'd be proved to be right.

I too love LAK fwd depth, but their D depth isnt great and Bob playing for columbus may not win alot if games. Just my 2 cents.

But Brobovski as been amazing this year and Columbus will only get better. But I do agree that is D isn't great.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I didn't say that.

I'll gladly bow out of conversation on the topic until the end of the first season. G'day and g'luck with the actual season.

Well I don't agree at all. I think St.Louis and Edmonton were easily the top 2 teams. Edmonton has to be the most balanced team in the league.. Malkin, Lucic, Zajac, Semin, Umberger up front with Keith, Tyutin, Bogosian on D.. Bryzgalov can be shaky but he's still a #1. Edmonton is good in every way.

Hard for me to comment on my team and not sound like a homer but I don't think there's another top 6 that can match up against Marchand, Toews, Callahan, Simmonds, O'Reilly and Perron. Not to mention OEL and McDonagh on the backend, two of the best young defenseman in the NHL.

My question mark is Dubnyk but IMHO he is one of the most underappreciated goalies there is. He is 11th in SV% (which is the stat goalies focus on) and he faces the 4th most shots. I truly believe that if the Oilers more reliable defenseman that didn't allow so many shots and a system that isn't ****ing Pejorative Slured he'd be up there in the discussion with Schneider. Coach Krueger believes the Oilers should sit back when we have the lead and try to defend (which doesn't suit our offensive team) instead of going for insurance goals.. We always give up late goals and lose in OT/SO. It's unbelievably frustrating.

Calgary's forwards and goaltending are the reason they were ranked high. Philadelphia has a relatively balanced team that is top heavy with Tavares, Skinner and Lundqvist. I don't see a problem with the first 5 teams so far.

The thing holding your team back is there is no one other than Duchene, Conacher, Zetterberg, Fleischmann and maybe Hagelin that are young or dynamic. The rest are old or average. Your D is bad, because it doesn't have a #1. Aside from Zidlicky, who is a good #3, decent #2, the rest of your D crop is just filled with bottom 3 defenseman who are old. Don't get me wrong, your whole team has depth but it almost might have too much depth instead of top end young talent.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Don't get me wrong, your whole team has depth but it almost might have too much depth instead of top end young talent.
Good luck engineering stat categories to try and win with a hope and a prayer for youth development! (Young people always appreciate the future and discount the present.)

The fact is: in the 2013/2014 season, most of the POTENTIAL teams selected tops are just not built to PERFORM as such yet.

Time will tell...

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Good luck engineering stat categories to try and win with a hope and a prayer for youth development! (Young people always appreciate the future and discount the present.)

The fact is: in the 2013/2014 season, most of the POTENTIAL teams selected tops are just not built to PERFORM as such yet.

Time will tell...

No one is engineering the categories to anything. They've been stated since the beginning, with slight changes once Raptatics dropped out.

Based on the stats NOW, the top 2 teams are where they belong. Do a study of PTS, PPP, BS, HITS, TOI and goalie stats, and that fact will be pretty apparent to you. St.Louis' starting goalie might take a slight hit (I think Dubnyk's mean will be 2011 season), but his backup will be more than able to make up the deficiencies. Allen is an elite backup in a league like this.

I don't know why you think people are voting based on future potential.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
No one is engineering the categories to anything. They've been stated since the beginning, with slight changes once Raptatics dropped out.

Based on the stats NOW, the top 2 teams are where they belong. Do a study of PTS, PPP, BS, HITS, TOI and goalie stats, and that fact will be pretty apparent to you. St.Louis' starting goalie might take a slight hit (I think Dubnyk's mean will be 2011 season), but his backup will be more than able to make up the deficiencies. Allen is an elite backup in a league like this.

I don't know why you think people are voting based on future potential.

I agree with this statement and Van just doesn't know what he's talking about. lol!!
I guess he'll understand sooner rather then later. Here's a exemple, I drafted Radko Gudas at 27round I believe. The kid does everything well to become a beast in this type of league. The kid can hit,fight,block shots,very sound as a D and will get a couple points here and there. But in a scoring league he would be useless since they don't count hits,PIM,Block shot, just scoring.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
All I know is that Ottawa is going to have the best defence in the league as early as next season...but definitely in 2 years. While having some top end forward prospects (Hishon, Johnson, Silfverberg, Zibanejad and Dalpe) and the best player in the game in Crosby...

I remember when I was criticized for my trade with Zibanejad and Yakupov...but in a league with this format Zibanejad alone may be more valuable (+/-, hits, blocks and comparable goals) adding Kulemin was icing. I'm pretty confident that Silfverberg has 60+ point potential next year while eating a lot of minutes and who knows what Zibanejad can do. Anderson is...Mr. Anderson.

I might not be the best team right now, but next year or the year after I don't see a better set-up team.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I'm not going to vote this round since I was tied with Minnesota last time

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Right now we're at a tie.. come on people get your votes in.. we have like 7 votes so far and that's it.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The 25th overall pick in the JML Entry Draft belongs to..... The Minnesota Wild

NYR, LAK, SJS also were voted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad