JM Fantasy League (New League, Sign up + Discussion) (BUF, CGY open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I love all of your ideas except for the free agency waivers thing.

And like I said via pm to Joey Moss. I have one person who is definitely in. And I may have two more. But please reserve a spot for my one friend.

Yep. Florida is saved for the other guy and there should definitely be room for your friends.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If anyone has any other sites they have had good experience with please share. This CBS thing sounds great but I'd like to here other options. We're looking for a site that has defensive points rather than all offense.

Also I'm not a fan of forum sites specifically based for Fantasy Hockey. I like that I can come on HF and look at my league while using all the other features here. I'm sure most of the guys in this league feel the same. The first league I ever attempted was a mess. We used forum sites but no one ever checked them and the activity was terrible.

Raptactics29

Mar 28, 2007
London, Ontario
I love all of your ideas except for the free agency waivers thing.

And like I said via pm to Joey Moss. I have one person who is definitely in. And I may have two more. But please reserve a spot for my one friend.

Well, it was just an idea. Obviously it wasn't set it stone.

Anyway, it sounds as if Joey Moss is going to want to use HF as the home site for documentation purposes and not use CBS for fantasy tracking. IMO, that's a bad idea and I will have to be out.

If anybody wants to start a league like I suggested, let me know. I need a few guys who can set up a site like this --> http://www.bbkl.ca/

Good luck fellas. Joey Moss.. if you change your mind on anything, let me know.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Well, it was just an idea. Obviously it wasn't set it stone.

Anyway, it sounds as if Joey Moss is going to want to use HF as the home site for documentation purposes and not use CBS for fantasy tracking. IMO, that's a bad idea and I will have to be out.

If anybody wants to start a league like I suggested, let me know. I need a few guys who can set up a site like this --> http://www.bbkl.ca/

Good luck fellas. Joey Moss.. if you change your mind on anything, let me know.

I feel alot like Scott. I really want a forum and the league to be set up on CBS.
I know the last time Joey had a bad luck with the last forum. But I feel wer should give it another try. Who's with us???

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I feel alot like Scott. I really want a forum and the league to be set up on CBS.
I know the last time Joey had a bad luck with the last forum. But I feel wer should give it another try. Who's with us???

I tend to think those are probably good ideas.

Dedicated forums, if there's an admin who knows what he's doing (I'm not that person) can be an important part of creating a good league.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I dont see what the problem is with using CBS and HF im on HF alot for other things and its kind of a hassle to go elsewhere im fine with HF im all for CBS tho

This is exactly what 15 other guys in the league are probably thinking.

This is the best hockey forum out there, guys. People want to look at what's going on in there Fantasy League and go into the other features on the website here. It's a hassle to go onto another website which is exactly why forum sites will never work on HF leagues.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Agreed. It worked for 4 seasons. We can make some tweaks here and there, but a massive overhaul of what has been proven to be successful is a mistake.

Keep all the league threads on HF, don't really care what site is used.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Agreed. It worked for 4 seasons. We can make some tweaks here and there, but a massive overhaul of what has been proven to be successful is a mistake.

Word.

photo.jpg

ehockey

Dec 19, 2012
I'd take Pitt or Buffalo if still available. If not any team would do, just looking to get involved.

:)

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

Agreed.

JM, ESPN is good if you want stats like +/-, blocks, hits, TOI, GAA, SV% and such to count. It basically uses all of the statistics you see on NHL.com.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
For the people bringing in friends for the league just be aware I'll be paying more attention to trades between you guys than anyone else. We've had people with 2 accounts just make lopsided trades with each other and mods have the power to check IP addresses. Not accusing you guys of possibly doing that but after those kind of incidents I just have to keep an eye out for it.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
For the people bringing in friends for the league just be aware I'll be paying more attention to trades between you guys than anyone else. We've had people with 2 accounts just make lopsided trades with each other and mods have the power to check IP addresses. Not accusing you guys of possibly doing that but after those kind of incidents I just have to keep an eye out for it.

You don't need to worry about me. :yo:

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress

Oh yeah i completely understand Im very weary of guys bringing in buddies to my XBOX GMC league as well I know where your coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad