Jiri Sekac Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Don't confuse your own interpretation of what people are saying as the truth.
I was disappointed with the trade, even more so after watching DSP play with us. I think Bergevin screwed up with that trade. In no way does it mean I think Sekac was the messiah.

It's not because Sekac goes back to Europe that he wouldn't be better than DSP here or that he would have went back had we kept him.

I am not confusing it. The person I was discussing it with has that view. To be clear, I was a little confused by the trade. DSP was supposed to be a PWF in the making.....I saw a lot of hits, but a lack of foot speed and finish was painful. I'll without final judgment until next season to see if he is capable of getting into the kind of shape needed to play in MTL.

And the entire point of my post you responded to on the 2nd point, was that the scenario he brought up was if Sekac returned to Europe and DSP remained only a 4th liner (a scenario I don't think will happen to either) that we lose anyway. I responded with, that in hindsight on that scenario he created, it would be a win as we got an NHL calibre player and they have nothing to show for it....so a win for us.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
In your opinion he was awful...I think he did what was asked of him

As did Sekac, played a defensive / shutdown game with Eller, as the quote you yourself provided shows; yet, despite doing "what was asked of him" you hold his lack of point production against him, even when it was argued that his low output was a result of doing what he was asked!

But I completely disagree that he was 'awful'...pretty harsh assessment

He was atrocious.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Shocked Jeff Petry re-signed in Montreal and is currently praising what a high class organization this is...

especially after what Sekac said about Therrien after being traded, I was lead to believe players would think twice before signing here

Lol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
As did Sekac, played a defensive / shutdown game with Eller, as the quote you yourself provided shows; yet, despite doing "what was asked of him" you hold his lack of point production against him, even when it was argued that his low output was a result of doing what he was asked!

He was atrocious.

I didn't think DSP was atrocious or awful...in fact I recall a few games where he made his impact felt with some big hits and as mentioned, he scored a big goal, produced some points

You guys are being pretty harsh...but to each his own opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad