Jiri Sekac Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
From watching all the games so far, looks like he need a trip to Hamilton. He has a hard time imposing himself so far.

We need to put Weise back with Bourque & Eller and have them play the big boys game

Analyzer*

Great hustle and a battler, but doesn't really know where to go.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
He's still awesome. Great at protecting the puck, very good vision and makes quick decisions with the puck, excellent speed and forechecking, solid effort on the backcheck. Would like him to shoot more and he seems a little lost positionally at times but that's probably just the nerves.

Our whole team has come out completely flat for 3 games now. I'm not about to expect a rookie to lead the charge.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
He's played limited minutes in his first 4 NHL games and hasn't looked horrible. I'm fine with sitting him for a game or two if needed, but I wouldn't send him down.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's a left winger not a right winger.
He's far more comfortable on the left.
The goals he scored preseason all came off the left wing.
I could see him Eller and Gallagher as a super buzz line.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
One of the very few people on the team currently throwing the body. If he's not in the lineup, might as well rename the team to the Montreal Poutine.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
He's a left winger not a right winger.
He's far more comfortable on the left.
The goals he scored preseason all came off the left wing.
I could see him Eller and Gallagher as a super buzz line.

...but why would Therrien play him on the left, just cuz he's better there??...no, he needs to build character...ask Bork, who's always been better on the right but had to move to the left for Gionta to play right, btw...:shakehead

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
One of the very few people on the team currently throwing the body. If he's not in the lineup, might as well rename the team to the Montreal Poutine.

If we ever go with sponsors on the Jersey's like in Europe we have our winner.
OG S BAH OG

Brought to you by "Montreal Poutine" :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
...but why would Therrien play him on the left, just cuz he's better there??...no, he needs to build character...ask Bork, who's always been better on the right but had to move to the left for Gionta to play right, btw...:shakehead

Yeah well I'd give Bourque a promotion to DD's right.
He can save two careers at the same time. :laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He was wanted by 10 teams, is that just a fluke? He has talent, but it takes time, just ask DD, he plays on the top line and often goes 20 games and produces nothing and gets top line pp minutes.:sarcasm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He was wanted by 10 teams, is that just a fluke? He has talent, but it takes time, just ask DD, he plays on the top line and often goes 20 games and produces nothing and gets top line pp minutes.:sarcasm:

There aren't ten teams who want DD...
Is there even one ?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I like him but he need to play with smarter players like Plekanec or DD.

Brok and Eller need a meat and potato guy like Weise.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada

Weise won't provide offense on the 3rd line which is what is most needed from that line at the moment. Swapping Sekac and Parenteau would be the best bet as Parenteau can bring some much needed playmaking and creativity on the 3rd line and Sekac has shown to have some chemistry with Plekanec.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Interesting note. Sekac registered his first nhl shot yesterday while playing with Eller and Bourque.

Sekac hasn't looked great near Plekanec either since the start of the season. I like Sekac's potential game, but outside a few moments here and there, he's been really really quiet. I know it's posh to blame everything on Eller and Bourque (as well as DD and Gilbert) at the moment, but Sekac was just as quiet near Plekanec and Galchenyuk and was moved from the line in favor of PAP to add more offense to the second line.

He might be close, but he hasn't looked ready since the start of the year, probably because unlike training camp, he's playing against nhlers. He shows some flashes, but he's a step behind.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

DD is our smartest player.
Let's give him Sekac on his left and Bourque on his right.
If anyone can get these guys going DD can.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I thought he was one of our best forward against the Bolts - now that's nothing to write home about of course - but to me he was much better than his first 3 games

Would've had a goal if not for a desperation play by the Dman, he laid some hits, had some rushes - was more visible than Pacioretty in less than half the ice time that's for sure

MT needs to throw all the names in a hat and just pick random lines, status quo ain't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad