Player Discussion Jimmy Vesey

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If only they could smash him and Sheary together into one quick, average sized useless winger instead of one average sized, relatively average skating useless winger and one small, useless zamboni.

Is this the part where people start to walk back the scoring predictions? I know I may have grossly over-estimated the dozen goals I was expecting.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
If only they could smash him and Sheary together into one quick, average sized useless winger instead of one average sized, relatively average skating useless winger and one small, useless zamboni.

Is this the part where people start to walk back the scoring predictions? I know I may have grossly over-estimated the dozen goals I was expecting.
I'm fine with both of them going away forever. Same as before the season.​

Reactions: Chainshot

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

The sad part is that you didn't even make bad predictions, these guys have just taken their games to a new level of sucking

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
crappy plug, oh well, nothing of value lost. Prevented rookies from needing minutes.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Something very valuable would have been lost had the Sabres had a GM that was willing to sign another team's RFA to an OS.
GMs who wish to stay in the old man club circles don't offer sheet other GMs. lol You can't ride the guy for struggling to make trades while simultaneously riding him for not issuing offersheets.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Why the hell do we know what needs to be traded for Haula/Soderberg/Burakovsky/Gusev, and our idiot GM does not know? This is hardly a scouting problem, this is a bad GM problem.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm not sure that's really a Botterill problem, per se. Hasn't this team been downright dog**** at professional scouting going back through multiple regimes?
The dangerous combination of being stupid, lazy and confident probably. Or maybe there is no scouting? Just Botts and the esg stat.

Jimmy is obviously doing his best, contract year and all. No talent.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I'm not sure that's really a Botterill problem, per se. Hasn't this team been downright dog**** at professional scouting going back through multiple regimes?

Definitely. The scouting department needs a massive overhaul. There are some positive trends showing with mid round picks under Botterill for sure. However, it's still a giant problem.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It has. Granted, he sacked most of their amateur scouting staff and their former head pro scout (Christiano) when he took over, so these are his guys swinging and missing on these players.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
I'll give a new GM a pass, say, in his first year, on what his scouts say in rounds 3-7. That makes sense to me. Only professional scouts have any business knowing what's up there, and if you're new to your organization you just have to trust.

Giving a GM a pass on his pro scouts never makes sense. A GM exists primarily as a pro scout. His staff exists to supplement him. Even if he can't watch every game, when he trades for a player, he should be watching that player extensively in video.

And obviously, after a year or two, if your scouts suck at any level, you are the one responsible to identify that and hire someone better.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad