Player Discussion Jimmy Vesey Part II

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Listen, I don't think Vesey is much beyond a 12-14 ATOI/night guy that should be on the third line and, as of right now, shouldn't be sniffing the power play.

That being said, he's a second year pro that's still learning the pro game for a coach that, frankly, I think is terrible. I don't think Brandon Pirri is a great comparable to Vesey at this point in Vesey's career.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
To show you the kind of player Gorton wants on this team. Howden didn't have a great game 1 in the playoffs. 1 A but was only 11 for 26 on draws when he has dominated in the dot. Game 2. 2 goals, 26 out of 36 on draws, games first star in a win. That is what Gorton is trying to add here. That is what Buchnevich is and never will be. Andersson has those kind of traits much like Howden.
Is Vesey that type of player?

January 1 - Rangers are in the thick of the playoff picture, looking to cement their spot. Jimmy Vesey in the following 22 games: 3 goals, 0 assists.

February 26 - Rangers have traded away some roster players and have fallen in the standings such that the playoffs are no longer a realistic idea. Jimmy Vesey in the following 12 games: 6 goals, 1 assist.

Can you imagine how you would react if that were how Buchnevich's season went?

Last edited:

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I could see the Rangers pairing some roster players with any of their three first rounders to move up. Vesey could be one of the players they may use to do that. I base that on comments made by AV recently on discussions they had with Vesey about him not playing like the player they thought they were getting. I.E.: power forward going to the dirty areas to make things happen. Pretty much what he's been trying to do more of recently. So good for him

The question is this imo. Is Jimmy Vesey going to be a piece that the Rangers build around or not? I honestly don't know....but we shall see soon enough.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is Vesey that type of player?

January 1 - Rangers are in the thick of the playoff picture, looking to cement their spot. Jimmy Vesey in the following 22 games: 3 goals, 0 assists.

February 26 - Rangers have traded away some roster players and have fallen in the standings such that the playoffs are no longer a realistic idea. Jimmy Vesey in the following 12 games: 6 goals, 1 assist.

Can you imagine how you would react if that were how Buchnevich's season went?
Dec 8 - Jan 14, Ranger's right in the thick of the playoff picture, Buch pumps in a whopping 1 goal, 4 assists in 16 games. Oh Noeeesssssss

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So his low point in the season is still right around Vesey’s career Pts/GP.

Nobody is arguing Buch is worse than Vesey. But its SCARY that someone so much better than Vesey is having a monster drought like that right in the THICK of the playoff race :rolleyes:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was actually a nice pass. Credit where its due.

But at the same time, I don't want him playing on a line with Andersson anymore. Vesey destroys the game of like every good forward on the team he plays with. He's going to be bad for Andersson's game. I'd be interested to see Hayes splits when he plays on a line with Vesey and when he doesn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad