Player Discussion Jimmy Vesey Part II

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What PB said... Pirri a better shooter, Vesey a better skater. Both still mediocre defensively.

Fast, to give an example, is a much better overall player.

Alright. Well one is in the NHL scoring 17 goals as a bottom 6 player, and the other couldn't make the team he signed with in the offseason and is enjoying the year in the minors. Vesey is about 100x better defensively than Pirri ever was. But whatever, you and PB just love the bash the kid. Vesey is passable defensively if you and PB ever want to admit that or not.

And I never argued that Fast wasn't the better overall player, it will be interesting to see how Vesey is also during his 5th pro season....

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Alright. Well one is in the NHL scoring 17 goals as a bottom 6 player, and the other couldn't make the team he signed with in the offseason and is enjoying the year in the minors. Vesey is about 100x better defensively than Pirri ever was. But whatever, you and PB just love the bash the kid. Vesey is passable defensively if you and PB ever want to admit that or not.

And I never argued that Fast wasn't the better overall player, it will be interesting to see how Vesey is also during his 5th pro season....
If he's passable defensively, why does the other team do so well offensively when he's on the ice?

Reactions: JohnC and Ail

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

One of them is in his 2nd NHL season. The other lasted for 4 seasons.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Forgive me, for a second i thought there was 5 other teammates of his on the ice. Oh wait..
And they all seem to perform their worst when Vesey is on the ice with them...

200.gif

Reactions: JohnC and Ail

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Vesey would have had a lot better numbers if our imbecile coach used him on the PP all season where his great size and hands could actually do something. Instead he continued to give time to lazy Miller. Now he's still doing it with lazy Buchnevich. Hopefully, Buchnevich is dealt to move up in the draft.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Vesey would have had a lot better numbers if our imbecile coach used him on the PP all season where his great size and hands could actually do something. Instead he continued to give time to lazy Miller. Now he's still doing it with lazy Buchnevich. Hopefully, Buchnevich is dealt to move up in the draft.
1 PP goal in 102 PP minutes. Yes, let's give him more PP time.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Next thing they need to do with lazy Buchnevich is take him off the PP and give his ice time to Vesey. Funny how when another lazy dope in Miller was traded, so many other players started playing better. Hayes has 19 points in his last 21 games. Really took off though when they dumped Miller and he was no longer used as a defensive center by our stupid coach. Vesey obviously still has his inconsistent offense but I think he would be much better if imbecile AV put him on the PP and in front of the net and put Buchnevich on the bench where he belongs.

As I just posted. I am supremely confident Buchnevich will be dumped in the off-season to move up in the draft. He's not anywhere close to the player Gorton drafted last year and traded for this year. He's soft. Lazy. Bad defensively. Doesn't win puck battles. Isn't a max effort player. I would not rule out Howden getting a mid season call up either. Howden is everything I want on this team. Buchnevich is the opposite. If you are watching Gorton's moves. He's clearly not a Gorton type of player.

102 minutes over this many games is nothing on the PP. Vesey has never been a PP fixture so stop using stupid data to hint he was. He was never allowed to get comfortable on the PP. That is less than 2 PP minutes a game with this many games played. Plus, how many of those where when he came on during the last 30 seconds of a PP for a line change.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Next thing they need to do with lazy Buchnevich is take him off the PP and give his ice time to Vesey. Funny how when another lazy dope in Miller was traded, so many other players started playing better. Hayes has 19 points in his last 21 games. Really took off though when they dumped Miller and he was no longer used as a defensive center by our stupid coach. Vesey obviously still has his inconsistent offense but I think he would be much better if imbecile AV put him on the PP and in front of the net and put Buchnevich on the bench where he belongs.

As I just posted. I am supremely confident Buchnevich will be dumped in the off-season to move up in the draft. He's not anywhere close to the player Gorton drafted last year and traded for this year. He's soft. Lazy. Bad defensively. Doesn't win puck battles. Isn't a max effort player. I would not rule out Howden getting a mid season call up either. Howden is everything I want on this team. Buchnevich is the opposite. If you are watching Gorton's moves. He's clearly not a Gorton type of player.

102 minutes over this many games is nothing on the PP. Vesey has never been a PP fixture so stop using stupid data to hint he was. He was never allowed to get comfortable on the PP. That is less than 2 PP minutes a game with this many games played. Plus, how many of those where when he came on during the last 30 seconds of a PP for a line change.

Vesey has the lowest points/60 on the PP on the entire team. Why does he deserve more PP time? Vinni Lettieri and David Desharnais produce better on the powerplay than Vesey.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Stupid data to hint he played on the PP = his PP ice time.

They already traded Nash.

Reactions: Ail

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
In the words of Si on Buchnevich. He gone. That would be the absolute guy I would trade if I'm Gorton to move up in the draft. He won't have to move far. I figure he will trade up just enough to land one of the right handed defenseman in the draft with size to complement all the left handed d guys he dealt for. Pionk has been a blessing on the right side. Hope he keeps it up.

Of course, we have fans here that actually think Vesey was on our PP which is a joke. He was never a PP player here because AV is dumb. He puts Miller on the unit who barely gets 1 shot a game and Buchnevich who is knocked off the puck every single time.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
To show you the kind of player Gorton wants on this team. Howden didn't have a great game 1 in the playoffs. 1 A but was only 11 for 26 on draws when he has dominated in the dot. Game 2. 2 goals, 26 out of 36 on draws, games first star in a win. That is what Gorton is trying to add here. That is what Buchnevich is and never will be. Andersson has those kind of traits much like Howden.

I figure they bring Grabner back. So you have up front, Kreider, Zibanejad, Hayes, Zucc, Fast, Vesey, Grabner, Spooner. That's 8. I pretty much have Kovalchuk penciled in. That's 9. I think they got a shot at bringing in Tavares but can't pencil him in. Going to give Andersson a spot. That's 10. So that pretty much leaves 2 4th line spots. Namestiknov to me gets dealt. As well as Buchnevich. If Tavares is added, it's only 1 4th line spot. I figure Nieves has a chance at it. I don't think Chytil makes the team. One more year in the NHL.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
They won't be able to afford Grabner. f*** Kovalchuk. Buchnevich isn't going anywhere. Taveres isn't coming here.

What they really need to fix, anyway, is 1.) the coach and 2.) the defense 3.) the farm system.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How many times did Pirri score 15 or more goals in 7 NHL seasons?

One less time than Vesey has in two seasons. Not a great comparable.

Pirri: .252 GPG for his career.
Vesey: .217 GPG for his career.

Just because Pirri hasn't had a coach who played him way beyond his capabilities doesn't mean that he was worse than Vesey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad