OT: Jimmy Vesey discussion continues ... Pt 2 (Signs with NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitts Marner*

I told my roommate, watch, he'll just shock everyone and say "Screw it, I'm going to the Blue Jackets."

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hey jimmy, we've got cold beer here in minny! come join the party! i sure hope our gm is making that call. edit my bad this thread popped up so i clicked & posted. i didnt realize this was leafs territory , i thought it was main board. sorry.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Jim Vesey Sr. whispers into his sons ear. "Do the right thing son and come join me in Toronto with your brother"

Family first !!!

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Dreger's tweets reek of desperation to be considered a legit source in the Vesey thing. Just go on vacation Dregs seriously.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Dreger's tweets reek of desperation to be considered a legit source in the Vesey thing. Just go on vacation Dregs seriously.

Reek? LOL

I agree. Dreger listed pretty much all the teams that have been rumoured since day one. Hardly breaking news.

From my perspective, hope we sign him obviously but wont be as disappointed as maybe I would in the past. He could be a good piece, but we have other better prospects in the pipeline and we also have some that are probably just as good.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
If we get him - great. If we don't - whatever. If the rumours have some weight, I just want him to sign somewhere so the floodgates will open for the rest of the league. lol

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
If I were him I would jump on Chicago or Pitt. Possible you get some Cups. Then you're a FA again and can pick a long term destination.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
not a good sign when vesey is meeting with the team that won the stanley cup and your team just finished 30th.

The thought of playing along side crosby would be a good sales pitch for the pens.

ForSpareParts*

If I were him I would jump on Chicago or Pitt. Possible you get some Cups. Then you're a FA again and can pick a long term destination.

I wonder if he hopes to win now or win as his growth as a player means something. I could go either way for different reasons, but it seems like Boston could be out of the running. I can't wait for this to be over.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Not a good sign when Vesey is meeting with the team that won the Stanley Cup and your team just finished 30th.

The thought of playing along side Crosby would be a good sales pitch for the Pens.

Depends, you'd have to think you get more playing time on 30th place team and less on cup champion team.

I hope the leafs get him, and not because I think he's some superior prospect, but because it would be hilarious to watch Buffalo spend a 3rd for nothing

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Before the actual news of Vesey signing somewhere (hopefully the Leafs), I'm going to talk about this CBA loophole again. The entire CBA and draft system is designed to control contracts and indenture hockey players to individual NHL franchises for at least 7 years. This loophole for mostly American drafted NCAA players is ridiculous because the equivalent doesn't exist for CHL and European draftees. I hope they work to either patch this up OR better yet eliminate the draft altogether in the next CBA allowing every hockey player to choose his destination.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I wonder if he hopes to win now or win as his growth as a player means something. I could go either way for different reasons, but it seems like Boston could be out of the running. I can't wait for this to be over.

Just win baby. Who cares how it happens.

He has set everything up so he picks his ideal spot. I could see passing on Pitt because it's a dump. But Chicago is a world class city with a better team.

He might just want to spend his mid 20s in the NYC area, which would bring those three teams into consideration.

Boston makes sense because that's his team and his hometown.

I just don't see what we bring to the table. You could say great organization, but Chicago has the same pedigree only they are awesome now.

The idea of building something from the ground up sounds like something made up by callers to Buffalo and Toronto radio stations. If he wanted to build something he would have stayed in Nashville.

Hope we get him because he's a free wallet.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Reek? LOL

I agree. Dreger listed pretty much all the teams that have been rumoured since day one. Hardly breaking news.

From my perspective, hope we sign him obviously but wont be as disappointed as maybe I would in the past. He could be a good piece, but we have other better prospects in the pipeline and we also have some that are probably just as good.

haha I swear I didn't do that on purpose. Reek reek rhymes with meek.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Enjoy the buzz, this will be the last bit of excitement we'll have for another month until training camp/the World Cup of Hockey are on :laugh:

Dog days of summer are almost over.

Will be happy if the Leafs are able to sign him, but won't be broken up about it if he chooses elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad