In Memoriam Jimmy Hayes (1989-2021) - Updated 17 October

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Oh wow, when I first read it I thought it was saying the father of Jimmy Hayea had passed. It wasn't until I looked again that I realized. That is terrible. Condolences to the Hayes family.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
My God. That’s horrible. Way too young. I wish he had a better time in a Bruins uniform…I feel bad about everything I said while he was here.

Prayers to his family.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This is just so sad and heartbreaking. I saw the headline just now and my stomach turned.
Unthinkable news.
Any time we lose someone it takes a piece of us but losing a young person is simply always terrible and unthinkable. My condolences to the Hayes family and their friends. RIP.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jimmy Hayes, former Bruin and Boston College hockey champion, dies at 31 - The Boston Globe

Jimmy Hayes, a native of Dorchester who won an NCAA hockey championship at Boston College and played two of his seven NHL seasons with the Bruins, died unexpectedly Monday morning. He was 31.
Law enforcement and first responders went to Hayes’s Milton home, where he was pronounced dead, a law enforcement official said. His death is not considered suspicious. The cause of death was not immediately available.
Hayes, a 6-foot-5-inch, 215-pound right winger, played 334 games in the NHL for four teams, including the Bruins from 2015-17. He scored a total of 54 goals and 109 points for the Chicago Blackhawks, Florida Panthers, Bruins, and New Jersey Devils. He had 15 goals and 33 points in 133 games for Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad