In Memoriam Jimmy Hayes (1989-2021) - Updated 17 October

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Definitely not the first thing I expected to read this morning... so young, tragic.

My condolences as well.

Reactions: TCB

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
That's terrible....I see his parents both had cancers. I haven't heard but maybe he had something develop too.

So tragic to happen to anyone, especially someone so young. May he rest in peace

Reactions: TCB

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
There is nothing in the news on this yet. I hope it's not true.

Yea this is one of those things that seems pretty disrespectful to "break" as a random thread on HF. Not that I doubt bcbruins connections. But I would much prefer it to come from an official news source via the family themselves.

Reactions: Alicat

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Yea this is one of those things that seems pretty disrespectful to "break" as a random thread on HF. Not that I doubt bcbruins connections. But I would much prefer it to come from an official news source via the family themselves.

Look closer, it's not bcbruins either it's bcbruins1. I'm starting to smell something.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
More and more Twitter accounts jumping on this now... Trey Daerr had a tweet up but it might be gone now...

Edit: ah shit seeing Wally's post now that sucks he has a young family... Sad news

Reactions: lopey

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Holy cow. First and foremost - condolences to the Hayes family. He always seemed like a good guy, and put up with a lot of crap from us B's fans. Those poor boys who will grow up not knowing their father. This is tragic on so many level.

He's only a year older than me. I always find the deaths of folks in my age bracket very unsettling, especially when the cause of death remains private. To think one day things are going well out on the golf course and a week later you're gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad