In Memoriam Jimmy Hayes (1989-2021) - Updated 17 October

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Holy cow. First and foremost - condolences to the Hayes family. He always seemed like a good guy, and put up with a lot of crap from us B's fans. Those poor boys who will grow up not knowing their father. This is tragic on so many level.

He's only a year older than me. I always find the deaths of folks in my age bracket very unsettling, especially when the cause of death remains private. To think one day things are going well out on the golf course and a week later you're gone.
No one is promised tomorrow.

That reality has hit home with me from several angles in the last two weeks.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I mean, I definitely wasn't a fan of the player, but you hate to see anyone die that young. Local kid too.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I’m just shocked. Found out on Twitter and it’s still not registering.

Rest In Peace Jimmy scoops. Just completely heartbroken for his family.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I actually thought he seemed like he had a promising career in the hockey media business, too.

A few years back I think I had seen him in the seaport district, if I was closer I would have probably said hi. Not that has any importance, it's just that connection seeing the players out there as real people, doing their thing.

Always wish he worked out here better than he did, but definitely really sad news either way. I was hoping when the thread was first locked that it wasn't true... but then it was reopened.

Again, my condolences to any friends and family out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad