Management Jim Montgomery

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Jim Montgomery, the former University of Maine captain and Dallas Stars coach who spent the last two years as a St. Louis Blues assistant, will be named head coach of the Bruins in the coming days, a source with direct knowledge of the process told the Globe on Thursday.

That came amid multiple reports of Montgomery’s impending hire, including one from from ESPN’s Kevin Weekes, who said the deal being discussed for Montgomery will be for three years at $2 million per year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Woohoo! It's official! First Bergy coming back, now the Bs hiring a fantastic coach. Cloud nine.

It's a damn good thing that DS is not physically near me right now, because if he were I would freak him out by giving him a giant joyous bear hug.

Gotta give management an A+ on this one since they really did do a good search and brought in the guy they felt was right for the team at this point.

Let's go! Cannot wait for the new season to get underway.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Who?

Should I know who he is? @Mione134 likes this, and I trust her judgment, but I guess I’m still pissed that Sweeney is in the GM’s office.

The Bruins could bring in Scotty Bowman and it wouldn’t solve any of their personnel problems.

Good luck to Coach Montgomery. He’s going to need it.

He's a players' coach, balanced line combinations, and tactically sound, good with the media. Succeeded at every level, only lost his previous job because of a highly publicized drinking problem which he from all indications currently has in check.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
As someone that knows very little about this guy and coaching/team playing style, what can everyone expect?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Welcome aboard Mr. Montgomery. This aint gonna be no easy ride.

Congratz!!!!

Not an easy ride at all. I think of all the available coaches, though, he has the best chance of squeezing everything possible out of what's on the roster. Not expecting a Cup with the current group, but am expecting a competitive team that is hard-nosed and fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad