Jim Benning & Management Megathread -- Leadership Level is over 9000 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltySnipes*

I would lose a little bit of hate for Jim Benning's management skills if he sent Vey through waivers and down to the AHL. Best case scenario he goes down and becomes 1C there, or else he gets claimed and we can have an open spot for a younger guy permanently. Yes please.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I would lose a little bit of hate for Jim Benning's management skills if he sent Vey through waivers and down to the AHL. Best case scenario he goes down and becomes 1C there, or else he gets claimed and we can have an open spot for a younger guy permanently. Yes please.

And then you remember Garrison was essentially traded for Vey and the hate returns

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Vey and Baertschi could be two wasted 2nd rounders. If Forsling turns out to be something wouldn't that be something too. That 2017 draft pick would be a very high 2nd rounder too.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area

You're saying you'd hold Benning in high regard for losing a 2nd round pick for nothing.
Worse if you include the whole "let's replace Garrison with Sbisa" angle.

While it's been only a few games of the preseason, this team is looking every bit as bad as everybody would have predicted. Only Trader Jim in all his delusion thinks this is a playoff contender.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Sedins Burrows
Higgins Horvat Vrbata
Baertschi McCann Hansen
Gaunce Sutter Kenins

Higgins and Baertschi can interchange. McCann's line can get sheltered more which should help protect Baertschi.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
So...Sutter at 4.375m or Bonino at 1.9m. Who do you take?

Sutter actually increases the odds of having both Gaunce and McCann in the opening day lineup. Looking down the roster, there isn't a guy aside from Horvat and Sutter who can take tough match-ups and I'd rather have Horvat take more offensive zone starts than play him defensively.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata
Gaunce - Sutter - Hansen
Kenins - McCann - Dorsett
Virtanen, Prust

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
At least with Horvat and McCann on ELCs, we could afford Sutter as a 4C. It's not like Benning has a problem paying 4th liners a premium rate :laugh:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Baertschi Horvat Vrbata
Gaunce McCann Hansen
Dorsett Sutter Kenins
Prust

Replace Gaunce with Higgins when healthy. If Gaunce played well enough, bump Dorsett.

Horvat and McCann can swap spots if McCann earns it and he gets hot while Horvat isn't scoring. Then Horvat could focus on the defensive side of the game between Gaunce and Hansen for a while.

SaltySnipes*

You're saying you'd hold Benning in high regard for losing a 2nd round pick for nothing.
Worse if you include the whole "let's replace Garrison with Sbisa" angle.

While it's been only a few games of the preseason, this team is looking every bit as bad as everybody would have predicted. Only Trader Jim in all his delusion thinks this is a playoff contender.

When did I say I'd hold him in high regard? Lmao. I'd lose a little bit of hate if he can realize his own mistake is all I'm saying.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver

I'd be down with this. If Vey is claimed, whatever. It doesn't matter what he cost initially if he's played his way off the big team. This is part of moving forward, the weak links get replaced. I hope the team does this throughout the roster. I hope they don't just gift vets a spot based on anything off ice.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I'd be down with this. If Vey is claimed, whatever. It doesn't matter what he cost initially if he's played his way off the big team. This is part of moving forward, the weak links get replaced. I hope the team does this throughout the roster. I hope they don't just gift vets a spot based on anything off ice.

Vey should garner a pick back. At least a 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad