Confirmed with Link: Jf Berube for future considerations

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Jeez tough crowd. I guess you missed yesterday's debacle in which I expressed concern over the Gauthier trade and him spending the rest of the season in the AHL, that would have meant he'd have 5 NHL games to his name at age 23 on opening night and he'd be getting close to the age if you dont have anything to show for yourself at this level its not going to happen.
do you realize how self-centered or just unrealistic that sounds? There are 1000s a posts each day. How you expect me to read all of them, let alone all of yours to know exactly what you are talking about? I'll just take it as an honest oversight but I'm here for good conversation. I don't need posters to entertain me with their wit and prose. More quality posts, less attempts to joke?

Reactions: Barnaby

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Is Gorton f*cking serious??? What did he just do. This rebuild is screwed with him at the helm

Your not being serious...right? The rebuild is screwed with Gorton at the helm?

We are somehow 6 points out of a playoff spot with pretty much the youngest team in the league only two years into a full blown rebuild and because we signed a backup goalie for Hartford in return for likely jack shit, the rebuild and Gorton is all for shit?

Talk about hyperbole.If anything Gorton likely has cemented himself as one of the top GM's in the league with how well this rebuild is going. I think you should have a beer or two, take a few minutes and reflect about where we are now compared to where we were a few years ago my friend and how bright the future is and I'm sure you'll feel a little better and not be so bent out of shape about us getting a depth goalie in return for squatole...lol

Reactions: Entrancemperium

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

We are somehow 6 points out of a playoff spot with pretty much the youngest team in the league only two years into a full blown rebuild and because we signed a backup goalie for Hartford in return for likely jack shit, the rebuild and Gorton is all for shit?

Talk about hyperbole.If anything Gorton likely has cemented himself as one of the top GM's in the league with how well this rebuild is going. I think you should have a beer or two, take a few minutes and reflect about where we are now compared to where we were a few years ago my friend and how bright the future is and I'm sure you'll feel a little better and not be so bent out of shape about us getting a depth goalie in return for squatole...lol

It was a joke, sorry, I forget that sarcasm does not come across well on the internet.

I totally agree about Gorton and how great and quick this turnaround has been compared to where we were when we got our doors blown off in Pittsburgh in 2016

Player Discussion - Jeff Gorton Part II

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
do you realize how self-centered or just unrealistic that sounds? There are 1000s a posts each day. How you expect me to read all of them, let alone all of yours to know exactly what you are talking about? I'll just take it as an honest oversight but I'm here for good conversation. I don't need posters to entertain me with their wit and prose. More quality posts, less attempts to joke?

My bad. You right.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It was a joke, sorry, I forget that sarcasm does not come across well on the internet.

I totally agree about Gorton and how great and quick this turnaround has been compared to where we were when we got our doors blown off in Pittsburgh in 2016

Player Discussion - Jeff Gorton Part II

All good. I was wondering if you were kidding or not cause you are a pretty savvy guy and so I couldn't tell. But thx for clearing it up.

Even after that horrible playoff loss to the Penguins in '16, we still had a good enough team to make the playoffs the following year and even beat the Canadians before losing a very winnable series vs Ottawa which pretty much signaled to Gorton and management that it was time to blow things up and start fresh and hence the letter to the fanbase that the rebuild was about to commence.

But yeah your right, the beginning of the end of those very good decade long playoff teams of ours was really 2016 when we got smoked by the Pens.

So far so good tho for our rebuild as you know the rest of the league has noticed as we are an absolute pain in the friggen ass to have to play against . If you think about it, other than the Lias fiasco and maybe Kravtsov not being here in NY, pretty much everything we could have possibly have wanted to this point has happened.

Future is quite bright and for us from this point forward about to play important meaningful games is such a huge thing for our kids...I'm really stoked about that whether or not we make the playoff this year.

Reactions: Off Sides

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I still don't understand what exactly "future considerations" means.

Isn't it just the hockey version of "player (or pick) to be named later"?

Ideally he'll end up being the future considerations in the deal and be traded for himself, like a few MLB guys have been throughout history.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why are people getting mad at this? This is Hartford depth and Shesterkin isn't getting sent back down. PLUS ITS ONLY FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS!!

Chill people, this is nothing....

I think its just the straw that made the iceberg tip over.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

It can mean whatever you want it to mean. Kris Draper was traded for a dollar. Andy Bezeau was traded for two equipment dryers.

Actually the 2005 CBA put in place some restrictions. Can't do cash (and presumably equipment) anymore. A common option is the seller's choice among two or three players at a later date. It can also be conditional and potentially unfulfilled, like swapping 7th round picks if the acquiring team's pick ends up a better number.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
In baseball, it used to mean you’d get a fringe prospect or minor league vet like 3-6 months down the line. Not sure I’ve seen it there in years, however.

In hockey, it seems to be a way to move a guy without sending anyone or anything back, serving as “consideration” in a deal where really the other team is happy to just get the player off the books and/or give him a shot elsewhere for free.

IIRC, the Rangers are still technically owed future considerations for Jessiman...

Reactions: nyr2k2 and Trxjw

Deleted member 23124

Maybe a beer or two less.

Reactions: Maximus

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
In baseball, it used to mean you’d get a fringe prospect or minor league vet like 3-6 months down the line. Not sure I’ve seen it there in years, however.

In hockey, it seems to be a way to move a guy without sending anyone or anything back, serving as “consideration” in a deal where really the other team is happy to just get the player off the books and/or give him a shot elsewhere for free.

IIRC, the Rangers are still technically owed future considerations for Jessiman...

It's likely that the future considerations were conditional on Jessiman's NHL performance metrics, and were not met.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Is there any site that actually tracks what the "future considerations" are in trades like this?

It would be pretty funny to see some of the far-fetched clauses that end up in these trades.

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
Is there any site that actually tracks what the "future considerations" are in trades like this?

It would be pretty funny to see some of the far-fetched clauses that end up in these trades.
There's the famous baseball story about the Mets trading some guy for the proverbial "Player to Be Named Later", and some time later that same player was returned to the Mets to complete the trade.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Is there any site that actually tracks what the "future considerations" are in trades like this? It would be pretty funny to see some of the far-fetched clauses that end up in these trades.

So if I'm reading this right, all that is left to do is trade the future considerations from the Berube deal for the future considerations from this deal. Neat.

y'all get that this deal is complete now, no secret futures

since a deal coannot be simply an AHL contract for an NHL contract, it was 2 distinct deals, an AHL deal and a NHL deal
but both teams improved as they needed to

NYR add a better goalie at HWP for the balance of the season

Flyers move out Berube, making room so their prospect Ustimenko, who was in ECHL, can move up to AHL, and get a goalie they can send to ECHL
(players on NHL contracts that are not ELC cannot be sent to ECHL...)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
2 years back NYR/HWP and Caps/Bears made a similar deal to shuffle players on AHL rosters
it was sort of announced as 1 deal, but was really 2 distinct deals
(today's was trickier because it involved only NHL player going one way, only AHL players going the other way)

the guys on NHL deals was one deal Chapie<>Albert
the guys on AHL deals was the other Whitney<>LaBrie

Joe Whitney
Joe Whitney Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
2018-Feb-09 Traded from New York Rangers with Adam Chapie to Washington Capitals for Hubert Labrie and John Albert

Rangers Agree to Terms With Free Agent Forward Adam Chapie
by Staff Writer / New York Rangers April 1, 2016

Sep 7, 2017 The Wolf Pack have signed veteran forward Joe Whitney. He tallied 14 goals & 22 assists in 74 games last season.

Jul 3, 2017 NEWS: The Washington Capitals have signed forward John Albert to a one-year, two-way contract.

July 17, 2017 The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has re-signed defenseman Hubert Labrie to a one-year, American Hockey League contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad