Post-Game Talk: Jets Win in OT 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
#NHLJets line rushes: Laine-Scheifele-Petan (Wheeler), Connor-Little-Ehlers, Copp-Lowry-Tanev, Lemieux-Roslovic-Perreault
Like it, although I liked what I saw of Perreault with Lowry and Copp in a small sample last night. Perreault needs more ice. Not only has Mo switched Laine and Connor but he also has both Laine and Ehlers on their off wings......nice.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
The whole Little was bad at it (how many primary assists does he have from their time together?), and that subject has been beaten to death, resurrected and killed again.

Laine was decent on the 1st line when Chef went down and Wheeler moved to C, but he acted more as a setup man with 5 assists in 5 straight games.

My bet is that if he gets to stay on the top line Chef and Wheels, his ES goals will skyrocket compared to his time on the Little line.

After all this time, I only now realized your user photo is half 55 & half 29. Reminded me of this...the Composite Superman!

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 12.21.25 PM.png

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
#NHLJets line rushes: Laine-Scheifele-Petan (Wheeler), Connor-Little-Ehlers, Copp-Lowry-Tanev, Lemieux-Roslovic-Perreault

I like seeing the change in the top 6 stay and see how it works for some more games. Somehow PoMo also needs to find more minutes for Perreault IMO.

Reactions: Ducky10

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I like seeing the change in the top 6 stay and see how it works for some more games. Somehow PoMo also needs to find more minutes for Perreault IMO.

If he can't find icetime for Perrault....should trade him. Perreault is a good player and could fit really well with Lowry long term.

Perreault >> Copp Tanev

Reactions: sipowicz

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Who's that? Was/is he a pervert? I don't get it...

He was possibly a pervert. He was a troll poster from last season pretending to be a Finnish citizen and #1 Laine fan in the Universe and would throw out gems like "What's wrong coach, has someone put a fart on you backstage? How low can the pervertism go?" etc in response to Laine not getting "McDavid minutes"

Reactions: Ducky10

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
After all this time, I only now realized your user photo is half 55 & half 29. Reminded me of this...the Composite Superman!

View attachment 149111
Haha, it's been like that for quite a long time. Now that you mentioned it, maybe I should have my avatar shave off his beard. The Composite Superman seems interesting though. Maybe I should throw in some Buff there aswell? Marktrik Bufflaine?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't care what PoMo believes, Laine is better on the left side in both zones.

I agree with you, but I guess we will find out soon enough for sure. I just hope Laine gets some time to adjust after two years of playing the right.

BTW, did Ehlers return to RW last night when KC went to the second line?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He wasn't forced to bring out the blender - Tanev didn't drive the changes on #1 and 2.
He was looking for a spark and he got it by moving 2 players - and yes, that is good coaching.

Yes, he was looking for a spark. The fact it worked shouldn't make people wish for those same combinations long term. Not saying that we should necessarily want anything else either. Only saying that sometimes any change is a good change and that it doesn't necessarily continue to work well.

There was one point late last year where he tried swapping Ehlers and Connor, the change I had been wanting. It worked well too. Next game everything was back to the way it had been before.

I just hope this result will encourage Mau to consider some changes to the top 6. And I hope he will stumble onto good ones, whether it is these or some others. I don't care how the lines are constructed as long as they work well.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Inside joke. Gotcha :thumbu:

He was a poster, that was theoretically just a troll for whom English was a second language, and made complaints about the team including the "pervertism" you see, and plenty of others -- farting in the dressing room, I think, was another one.

I say "theoretically" of course because I remain unconvinced that he wasn't just doing some epic level of performance art so all-in that even Shia Laboeuf would have shat his pants.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
He was a poster, that was theoretically just a troll for whom English was a second language, and made complaints about the team including the "pervertism" you see, and plenty of others -- farting in the dressing room, I think, was another one.

I say "theoretically" of course because I remain unconvinced that he wasn't just doing some epic level of performance art so all-in that even Shia Laboeuf would have shat his pants.

Nah, I think he was probably a Leafs fan (with zero evidence) who wanted to make Laine fans seem more obnoxious.

I thought he was a serious poster for the longest time and was like "damn this dude is speaking his mind" (because obviously I agreed with him about the Laine + Chef combo), but then at some point it got too ridiculous and by the time he started wishing Scheifele off the top line to make room for Laine it started making absolutely no sense at all. Thus he vanished as mysteriously as he came.

He did gift us some classic lines for sure :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad