Post-Game Talk: Jets Win in OT 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You're right - these changes could very well be temporary and nothing more that.
Maurice strikes me as the type of coach that ponders his line up and makes changes very carefully - and I'm not referring to the changes made last night. IMO, that was a quick shakeup to get them out of a funk and not intended long term.
He's sticking with the 2nd line despite the fact that progress is slow - this might be him being stubborn or he might feel that the issues with the line are not "line" related, but more player growth related. In other words, moving the pcs won't help the pcs. Right or wrong, that's how I think he thinks

But his dilemma at this point is that he now has a top line that is not getting it done consistently and this has him worried a little - and that is what encouraged the swap we seen last night.
Personally, I don't believe the swap of 2 players had much to do with the way the team "decided" to play in the 3rd - but it did provide a spark to get it all rolling.

Yup.
1 observation though. I think he had already considered alternatives. He had these changes in mind, probably along with several other configurations. He has spoken in the past about how he imagines countless possibilities.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
While I am happy with the two points, the Jets remind me of me not preparing for the exam and then pulling an all-nighter the day before the exam and somehow managing to get a good grade, while that's great, it's not sustainable.

Ok wait a second........you managed to pull off a good grade after an all nighter? I am in awe!!

I literally never got a good grade with this method despite the fact I tried it as my exclusive strategy for the first two years of my uninspiring post secondary career.......hobby......er......ongoing efforts.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Atlanta Native here I've been lurking on this page for awhile, but I barely post.

Jets vs Maple Leafs wednesday on NBCSN here in the States. I can't remember the last time the Jets were on natl tv here during the regular season. Hope we can show people here in the states that are avid watchers that Jets are pretty damn good, but I think we already did that last season. It's great to see little scoring, and playing well.

GO JETS GO

Good to see the Jets continue to get support from some fans in Atlanta like you.:thumbu:

I think this might be the first time the Jets are to appear on NBCSN during the regular season. I'm glad you're looking forward to watching the game against Toronto. I remember a couple of years ago on the HF main boards the topic came up about TV ratings dropping in the U.S. and comments were made that it was because the same teams (Boston, Detroit and Chicago, etc.) were always being shown and that the games were boring. I made the suggestion that maybe they should show some of the up and coming teams that played an exciting type of game and I dared to include Winnipeg. I even used the caveat that only if the Jets were one of the top teams and if they were playing a big market team like New York or Chicago. I sure got lambasted for making that suggestion. I was told that there was absolutely zero interest in seeing Winnipeg on U.S. television. The only Canadian team that American viewers might be interested in watching would be Toronto and possibly Edmonton because of Connor McDavid. I have to admit that I now feel somewhat vindicated to see it actually happening. However, my main point all along was that American viewers deserved the opportunity to see all the best teams as well as a variety. I hope the Jets and Leafs provide some entertaining hockey tomorrow night for the viewers.

:jets

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Atlanta Native here I've been lurking on this page for awhile, but I barely post.

Just wanted to say that's the best I've seen Chiarot play in a long time. I was sure he was going to be atrocious after that quick opening goal to St Louis. T

Trouba has been on fire lately, and doesn't hurt that he's on my fantasy team haha.

Jets vs Maple Leafs Wednesday on NBCSN here in the States. I can't remember the last time the Jets were on natl tv here during the regular season. Hope we can show people here in the states that are avid watchers that Jets are pretty damn good, but I think we already did that last season. It's great to see Little scoring, and playing well.
GO JETS GO

Nice to see a post from our American friend and ally --the Jet's have built a fan base all over North America, and some parts of Europe --good to see.

It seems people react strongly when players go into a slum--like Little and Ehlers. Has Ehlers really went into a slump ?? It's only about 7 games into the season, and he's skating hard, and setting up plays. I'm sure he'll get to around 25-30 goals, and have point totals close to , or around the same as last year. Same with Little. Everybody was getting on Little-why ?? --I think he is very solid, and will be a key part to the Jet's second line.. I do not think Statsny would add more scoring production, and I'm glad the Jet's didn't sign him. He was a rental.

I agree with the poster - Chiarot had a good game, and he has some offensive ability. All our defence is pretty good, and we're getting good scoring from them.

Before people judge a certain player, let 30 games or so play out, then take a look at where the player is. All players go thru slumps, and generally all of them return to their original form. In Ehler's case, he's the same player as last year, but only better, as he's aged another year, and aquired some strength and smarts. I wouldn't worry about his production, and his contract will be viewed as a winner in the long run.

Remember --last year was no fluke -- he also put up amazing numbers in Junior and I expect a real good season from him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad