Post-Game Talk: Jets win 4-2! Time for a dance party!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
bananagrape5.gif

Jim Toth was just on Twitter talking about how the officiating has suffered due to vets retiring and not enough quality experienced refs out there.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Thank God someone won by two ... hopefully it's the last we'll hear of Beyak's latest favourite stat (the one-goal game streak).

Anyway, that was a great result. They seemed to have a game plan and they stuck with it. It makes a lot of difference that Good Pavs is back. I really like the play of James Wright. Burmi's determination as a penalty killer was another highlight.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Good, gritty game. Looked a bit flat earlier on, then came on much stronger later. Hope Buff is OK, and it's impoossible for Miettinen have any worse luck than he does. :(

Loved the Kane goal, from a nice feed by Burmi. Pavs was strong, Ladd's goal was his typical wicked wrister. Good PK, and a goal on the PP too? What's this world coming to. Wheeler with a strong game - really hustling out there and trying to make things happen, Wright with another strong game, and even Peluso didn't look that bad out there. Loved the tussle with Barch. Bogo had a couple iffy moments, but I loved his goal, with him sneaking in from the point.

Still seem to have trouble clearing the zone - got a little smarter with the flip plays later in the game.

3-1 on the road trip - keep it up! Would love to see Torts lose his **** if they lose to the Jets.

Go :jets Go!

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Thank God someone won by two ... hopefully it's the last we'll hear of Beyak's latest favourite stat (the one-goal game streak).

Anyway, that was a great result. They seemed to have a game plan and they stuck with it. It makes a lot of difference that Good Pavs is back. I really like the play of James Wright. Burmi's determination as a penalty killer was another highlight.

Philly beat us by 2 and he kept talking about it so don't count on Beyak giving up on the topic. LOL

Puckschmuck*

They need to shut him down for a month at least I'm afraid. If that's groin again a guy of that size just can't play through it. There is too much strain on that area.

Considering the overall size of the boys, we are a very fragile team :shakehead

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Good, gritty game. Looked a bit flat earlier on, then came on much stronger later. Hope Buff is OK, and it's impoossible for Miettinen have any worse luck than he does. :(

Loved the Kane goal, from a nice feed by Burmi. Pavs was strong, Ladd's goal was his typical wicked wrister. Good PK, and a goal on the PP too? What's this world coming to.

Still seem to have trouble clearing the zone - got a little smarter with the flip plays later in the game.

3-1 on the road trip - keep it up! Would love to see Torts lose his **** if they lose to the Jets.

Go :jets Go!

If he felt the Habs and Rags were two terrible teams, imagine his apoplectic fury if the Jets beat them.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
bananagrape5.gif

Jim Toth was just on Twitter talking about how the officiating has suffered due to vets retiring and not enough quality experienced refs out there.

pretty bad excuse dont you think? i mean the NHL should know how old these refs are and prepare younger guys better i think

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
pretty bad excuse dont you think? i mean the NHL should know how old these refs are and prepare younger guys better i think

You can't teach experience. Plus, younger officials get intimidated and aren't respected by players as much.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

Beyak: "Other than that empty netter, the game in Jersey and those other 6 games, the Jets have been on a streak of 17 one-goal games!"

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Shhhhhhhhhhhh Just got home, watching the PVR now........don't tell me who won PLEASE

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Really liking Peluso. I'm probably much higher on him then many here, but I'm pleased to see him not look out of place. Also, it was nice to see him introduce himself to Barch.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Really liking Peluso. I'm probably much higher on him then many here, but I'm pleased to see him not look out of place. Also, it was nice to see him introduce himself to Barch.

I like the way he skates. I think he could work as a 4th liner if he hits and makes smart simple plays

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Shhhhhhhhhhhh Just got home, watching the PVR now........don't tell me who won PLEASE

...isn't that kind of on you to stay off a Jets board if you don't want to find out the score?:sarcasm:

Hope Buff is okay, but our guys are getting to be pretty good at dealing with adversity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad